UK for UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency's national charity partner, is looking for an experienced database manager who can join us at a crucial time in our development to help shape and manage our database and data needs across the organisation. As a start-up, we are a small but growing team transitioning part of our parent organisation’s database to UK for UNHCR in order to better steward our donors and maximise our fundraising potential in the UK.
This role will play a key part in this, working closely with the fundraising team to make sure that our database delivers for donors and fundraisers alike and works closely with our finance and operations functions. The post will also make sure that we operate in a GDPR compliant way.
The successful candidate will be a team player, enjoy developing strong relationships with colleagues and have excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Used to managing a CRM and preparing data for imports and exports, you will also be familiar with creating reports, troubleshooting and making sure that business processes are fit for purpose, documented and efficient.
We are interested in hearing from candidates with a professional experience in or with the charity sector. If you think you have the relevant skills and crucially, the passion to support the refugee cause, please apply.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
United Kingdom for UNHCR is the United Nations Refugee Agency’s national charity partner for the United Kingdom. We generate public awareness of the plight of refugees and raise funds to help protect them through UNHCR’s humanitarian operations across the world.
Our supporters include UK private individuals, communities, corporate partners, trusts and foundations. The funds we raise help UNHCR deliver emergency relief such as shelter, medical care and basic supplies to people fleeing conflict and persecution, as well as healthcare, education and livelihoods opportunities for those who remain displaced over the long term.
Nobody chooses to be a refugee, but we can all play a part in their protection and we want those who work with us to share our values and passion for the cause.
We strongly value diversity and recognise that it is critical to our success and the cause that we serve. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all who work with us and strongly welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
We are also open to flexibility in many different ways, including an element of working from home and flexible hours. Please don’t be afraid to speak to us about this at the interview stage, so we can explore what’s possible.
· Develop an understanding of our database and segmentation hierarchies, liaise with stakeholders to define data briefs and provide data selections for marketing purposes.
· Prepare data for imports and support with data manipulation following exports, collaborating with external agencies.
· Create reports and dashboards in Salesforce and support on quarterly and annual financial reporting
· Support on the set up and configuration of reports in Power Bi and other visualization tools
· Take ownership of data protection requirements, ensuring the processes are in-line with data regulations
· Identify improvements in processes and advise on actions
· Translate requests from users into business solutions
· Develop and implement solutions in Salesforce following best practices
· Lead Salesforce integration projects, and work with external implementation consultants and suppliers
· Responsible for data quality and deduplication efforts using validation rules, clean data practices and duplicate management tools.
· Daily administration, troubleshooting and technical support for the Salesforce database.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and document all requirements to prepare specifications and functionalities.
· Understand, evaluate, and document business processes, applications, and workflows and identify necessary changes; recommend solution improvements
· Documentation of all system processes and training guides as needed.
· Train new and existing users on system functionality.
· Stay current on all release notes and communicate any new features or changes to the team.
· Instil a culture of data best practices and own data compliance for the organisation.
· Provide data insights and analysis to support on marketing strategy
· More than 1 years’ experience as Salesforce administrator
· An In-depth understanding of GDPR and other regulatory compliance issues that affect data management and utilisation.
· Experience soliciting, gathering, and analysing user input and requirements.
- Experience documenting user stories and creating to-be process flow diagrams.
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders.
- Experience working with a CRM within a charity or NFP context
- The ability to use statistical information for financial reporting and future planning
Essential Skills and Knowledge
· Proven ability leveraging analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
· Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly ramp up on new business needs and technologies.
· Strong presentation, communication (written and verbal) skills and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment.
· Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
· Drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and functional skill sets.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Salesforce Administrator Certification
· Command of Salesforce declarative tools such as: Process Builder, Flows, Workflow Rules and Dataloader
· Extensive experience with reports and dashboards in Salesforce
- Knowledge of BI tools and SOQL
· Familiarity with Salesforce Apex
- Experience in or with the charity sector, in particular humanitarian response/international development, and the drive to further their fundraising knowledge.
- Completed an undergraduate degree
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.