UNHCR, the United Nations Refugee Agency is offering an exciting international contract as Associate Fundraising Data Analyst Officer (Europe) with working from home in the Netherlands.
Title: Assoc. Fundraising Data Analyst Officer (Europe)
Duty Station: The Hague, Netherlands (working from home)
Contract Type: International Specialist, IICA-1 (equivalent to P2)
Duration: 1 July 2021 - 31 December 2021 (renewable contract)
Application start date: 03 June 2021
Application closing date: 16 June 2021
The United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is the world’s leading organization in helping and protecting the millions of people forced to flee their homes because of violence, conflict and persecution. We deliver life-saving assistance, including shelter, food and water while also safeguarding fundamental human rights, safety and dignity.
UNHCR is almost entirely funded by voluntary contributions from governments and private donors. PSP Europe is one of the five regions of the PSP Unit, with the remit to increase awareness of UNHCR and raise funds from the private sector (individuals, corporates, foundations) in the region. The PSP Europe region has grown significantly during the past seven years and as part of this growth has expanded its operations in the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Denmark and France.
PSP activities in European markets include acquisition of donors via a mix of channels such as digital, direct mail, press ads, face to face and lead generation as well as stewardship communication via telemarketing, email and direct mail. Most markets in Europe are currently using global or local instances of Salesforce as their main CRM.
In this context, PSP Europe is looking to recruit an experienced Fundraising Data Analyst to support European offices with advanced analysis, segmentations, prospecting and overall fundraising reporting to further their marketing activities and income generation.
The Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Services works in different regions: Europe, MENA, Americas, Africa, and Asia, and further decentralizes at local levels.
The position will be part of UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships Unit, which sits within the Department of External Relations (DER) responsible for mobilizing resources to enable UNHCR’s refugee response programming around the world. The Assoc. Fundraising Data Analyst Officer (Europe) position will be part of PSP Europe Regional team.
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive team player, who is able to work independently as well, with a strong interest in fundraising, to become a steady and reliable asset to the UNHCR fundraising operation within PSP Europe.
The post holder will collaborate closely with the global Strategy and Analysis team, regional colleagues and external vendors, and will support European offices with advanced analysis, segmentations, prospecting and overall fundraising reporting to further their marketing activities and income generation.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about drawing business insight, inform decision-making and provide responsive program development and impactful reporting to stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the PSP Officer (Southern Europe), the Associate Fundraising Data Analyst Officer (Europe) will perform the following duties:
1. Reporting & Analysis
- Maintain and improve the way UNHCR markets in Europe collect, interpret and use data;
- Play a key role in helping the local team analyze performance of donor acquisition and retention activities and donor prospecting by creating reports and dashboards;
- Create market-based reports and dashboards in Salesforce for quarterly reporting;
- Assist markets with the set-up of data visualization tools to help provide real time and easy to read data insights;
- Translate real-world and business scenarios into meaningful data flows and frameworks;
- Shape the way markets work with data, in line with our aim to create a single supporter view and donor-centric experience;
- Assist local teams with data segmentation and list exports/imports;
- Monitor data quality and integrity and provide advice on data hygiene improvements;
- Ensure data is collected and maintained in compliance with local GDPR regulations;
- Advice markets on analytics and reporting frameworks based on their local business needs and in line with the Global Data Strategy;
- Work with the Global Strategy and Analysis team on market Life-Time Value (LTV) and Propensity model analysis and other similar reporting and analysis.
- Ensure that documentation is created for any new configuration of local database, new reports set-up and integration with third parties;
- Document new policies, data procedures and training materials by market;
- Develop and maintain documentation such as user guides and best practices.
3. Provide support to local users
- Act as a first line of support for any data analytics and reporting requests in the markets;
- Advice and support local markets on database configuration improvements, KPIs for data analysis and visualization tools as requested;
- Lead on design and delivery of training and training materials to new starters/teams or existing staff/teams nationally (via Webinars, group or individual face to face);
- Build capacity and promote database user adoption in region;
- Participate in improving and developing local team processes and adopting best practices, including sharing skills and knowledge within the team.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
The ideal candidate will be required to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in in Economics/Business Administration or relevant discipline with a substantial quantitative analytical component (e.g. statistics, economics, management science/operations research, finance or data analytics, social research methods);
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with Undergraduate / Bachelor’s degree, 2 years of relevant experience with Graduate / Master’s degree, or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate / PHD degree as a marketing/fundraising analyst;
- Work experience with fundraising and non-for-profit operation is preferred;
- Understanding of the Data Protection Act / GDPR and all relevant legislation in different European markets;
- Experience with Salesforce NPSP (nonprofit cloud) is preferred;
- Experience with Sales Cloud and Service Cloud is preferred;
- Experience using Salesforce data tools is preferred;
- Experience with propensity models and tools is preferred;
- Knowledge and experience of CRM database- preferably Salesforce;
- Strong experience with using complex datasets from multiple sources;
- Advanced analytical techniques;
- Ability to present data insights using data visualisation tools (Power BI / Tableau / Qlikview / QlikSense);
- Very good knowledge of quantitative data analysis software (Excel proficiency required; Microsoft SQL, Visual Basic, R or Python);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to inclusively communicate statistical and technical findings in an easy-to-understand manner to key stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to collaborate with others, with flexible and positive attitude;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work confidently under pressure to deadlines;
- Strong customer service approach;
- Excellent verbal and written English language required; knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
The successful candidate will be officially assigned to the Hague, the Netherlands, but will be working from home.
The position is associated with a yearly contract, valid until end of the year, with possibility of renewal. It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
The salary is in line with the UN International Professional Salary scale.
Due to the international status of this position, residents of the Netherlands cannot be considered eligible for this vacancy.
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation, duly updated (with all work experience) and signed Personal History Form (P11) and supplementary pages (if necessary), and CV to the given e-mail address indicating “Assoc. Fundraising Data Analyst Officer (Europe)” in the subject of the email.
New/accepted Personal History Forms are available at P11 Form / Supplementary Sheet.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates