UNICEF ensures more of the world’s children are vaccinated, educated and protected than any other organisation. We have done more to influence laws and policies to help protect children than anyone else. We get things done. And we’re not going to stop until the world is a safe place for all our children.
UNICEF UK is working to ensure that children’s rights become an integral part of sport through a ground-breaking project which aims to integrate human and child rights into the ISO 20121 sustainable event management standard, the operations of the Commonwealth Games Movement and those of other mega sporting events. We are currently recruiting for a Children’s Rights and Sport Specialist to oversee the delivery of this project.
The Child Rights and Sports Specialist will oversee the delivery of the project including:
- Delivering a consultation and pilot on human and child rights guidance for the sport events sector
- Developing relevant educational resources
- Working with colleagues to pilot an approach to meaningful child participation in the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
- Refining child-friendly remedy approach for application within the sport events sector, and
- Developing regional training capacity on human and child rights and sport
To succeed, you will have excellent project and partnership management skills, relevant experience in supporting a range of stakeholders to implement the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, and a comprehensive understanding of human and child rights in the sporting context.