We’re on a mission to level the playing field when it comes to young people finding and applying for their next step after school. We're achieving this by bringing all the available information into one single, impartial, user-friendly platform that helps students to make the best choices, and submit the strongest applications. We also empower teachers and counselors to manage the progression process effectively.
Our outlook is truly global - we work with schools and universities in countries all over the world from the US to New Zealand and Italy to Hong Kong. We want to make it so that young people can compare every opportunity, wherever it is in the world, and have all the support they need to make successful applications.
We have a clear social purpose, and we’re hugely ambitious. We already work with a third of UK secondary schools and hundreds of international schools. We are growing rapidly in terms of the number of our customers and in terms of the breadth of products we offer.
Our team is at the heart of our business and is integral to our success. We work hard to foster a culture of openness, happiness and innovation, and we commit to helping every individual learn and grow so that they reach their full potential. We want to hire talented people, whatever their background. If you are excited by our mission and are ready to work hard, please don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe in the power of diversity. If you are from an ethnic minority background we would like to strongly encourage you to apply. In advance of applying if you have any questions about working at Unifrog, please contact our Diversity Champion, Farhana.
As an Area Manager, your role is to grow our partner numbers and support engagement with our existing schools and colleges, helping them to make the most of the Unifrog platform. You will cover your own area of the country including South London, Kent, East and West Sussex. Solutions and customer service focused, you will make sure that all interactions with Unifrog are positive and successful. Described below are some of your main responsibilities:
- Meeting with potential partners at schools and colleges. You’ll demonstrate the Unifrog platform, convey our mission to level the playing field for students and look to secure their ongoing subscription.
- Maintaining outstanding relationships with existing partner schools, which includes delivering in-person training to ensure they make the most of the platform.
- Supporting schools with constructing their long and short-term careers strategy.
- Developing an excellent knowledge of CEIAG within the UK and consulting with schools on how to support their students.
- Proactively working to foster a sense of community amongst our Unifrog partners and always thinking about how we can promote the sharing and embedding of Unifrog best practice across our partner schools.
- Achieving high subscription rates.
- Working collaboratively with a partner Account Manager to devise strategies for success with schools and colleges.
Training and development
- Professional development is at the core of our performance review process.
- Everyone in the company defines their own 6 month objectives; their line manager and the rest of the organisation support them to reach these objectives.
- Everyone in the company has access to an annual training budget. Each person decides how to spend their budget, supported by their line manager.
- Anyone in the team can volunteer to become a 'Champion' in a specific area - they get an additional training budget, and the chance to lead training sessions for the whole team.
- When senior/managerial positions become available we typically look to promote from within.
- Become part of a committed, dynamic and growing team. We want to build our team for the long term – if you do well, we will do our best to make sure you want to stay at the company for a long time.
- Influence the company’s direction: we love to promote great ideas, wherever they come from.
- Your commission will be based on revenue you generate. It will be unlimited – perform well and there is no salary cap.
- Subject to your own and the company’s performance, in addition to your salary you will be entitled to an annual bonus.
- People-focused, working closely with staff from our partner schools.
- Join one of the most talked about education technology startups and help transform careers and destinations in schools.
Essential skills and experiences
- Strong communication skills – both written and over the phone.
- Track record of excellent relationship management.
- Personable and resilient.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly, both in terms of familiarizing yourself with the education sector, and in terms of grasping what works and what doesn’t when interacting with prospective customers.
- Interest in the education sector and careers (edtech experience is favorable but not necessary).
Inclusion and diversity at Unifrog
Within the company we try to foster a culture of innovation, and a happy working environment, both because this is the right thing to do, and because we think this results in the most effective team. To this end we believe in open communication, celebrating successes, supporting each other, not being afraid to be wrong or to fail, and promoting good ideas wherever they come from. We also believe in the power of diversity in all its forms, including in terms of culture, education history, religion, age, socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual orientation, personality, life experiences and disability. We want to encourage applicants from every different background to apply for our roles, and add their perspectives to our team.
- Base: £30,000 plus unlimited commission, plus bonus. OTE of £60,000.
- 28 days paid holiday per year; the vast majority of these need to be taken during school holidays (plus bank holidays).
- Normal working hours are 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday – some days you may need to start earlier but you can finish earlier as a result. Unifrog have a shorter working day on Fridays, 9am – 4:30pm.
- Most days you will be out visiting prospective schools or working with partner schools you have previously organised to meet.
- Field based with all travel expenses covered.
- Full UK driving license is essential.
- Candidate based in South or South East London, ideally close to Croydon.
- Start date: April 2020, or as soon as possible.
Application and interview details
- Deadline: Friday 13th March 2020.
- To apply, please visit our website to upload your CV and answer the questions below:
- Why do you want to work for Unifrog? (200 words)
- With reference to the job description, what makes you an excellent candidate for this role? (500 words)
- What do you think Unifrog will look like in 3 years' time? (100 words)
- We will hold telephone interviews throughout the application window so we encourage you to apply early.
- Candidates who are successful in the telephone interview will be invited to an in-person interview.
- Final interviews to be held on Thursday 19th March at our London office, Hoxton, E2 8HD.
We can only consider candidates who already have the right to work in the EU.