Data Insight Analyst
We’re on a mission to level the playing field when it comes to young people finding and applying for their next step after school. We're achieving this by bringing all the available information into one single, impartial, user-friendly platform that helps students to make the best choices, and submit the strongest applications. We also empower teachers and counselors to manage the progression process effectively.
Our outlook is global - we work with schools and universities all over the world, from the US to New Zealand, and from Italy to Hong Kong. We want to make it so that young people can compare every opportunity taught in English, wherever it is in the world, and have all the support they need to make successful applications.
We have a clear social purpose, and we’re hugely ambitious. We already work with more than a third of UK secondary schools and hundreds of international schools. We are growing rapidly in terms of the number of our partners, in terms of how much they use our platform, and in terms of the breadth of products we offer.
Our team is at the heart of our business and is integral to our success. We work hard to foster a culture of openness, happiness and innovation, and we commit to helping every individual learn and grow so that they can reach their full potential. We want to hire talented people, whatever their background. If you are excited by our mission and are ready to work hard, please don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe in the power of diversity. If you are from an ethnic minority background, we would like to strongly encourage you to apply. In advance of applying if you have any questions about working at Unifrog, please contact our UK Diversity Champion, Samar (details on our website).
The role and your key responsibilities
As a Data Insight Analyst, you will form part of our tight-knit data team. The data team manages the data that flows into the Unifrog platform, analyses how effectively the platform is delivering on our mission, as well as generating insights to support our partners to better understand the careers and university guidance landscape. Your key responsibilities:
- Higher education partnership insights
- Design and deliver insight reports exploring student destination trends for our partner universities and colleges based outside the UK (mainly institutions in North America, Europe and Australia).
- Create bespoke pieces of market research: support our partner universities with a variety of queries. For example, helping them to understand the impact of their Widening Participation work.
- Ad hoc investigations: take key industry questions and find answers using Unifrog and, when relevant, external data sources.
- Schools and marketing insights
- Collaborate with our marketing team to identify trends on our platform, transforming the data into visually arresting charts, and sharing these with our network of school partners.
- Work with the Data Insights and Analytics Manager, combining Unifrog data with external sources to measure the impact of Unifrog on UK student outcomes.
- Analyse our large scale student surveys, collating statistics and charts to be used in our externally published market research papers.
Essential skills and characteristics
- The ability to solve complex problems using data manipulation and insights.
- The ability to craft a powerful, clear narrative that tells the story of a set of insights.
- Excellent visual communication skills, with the ability to create powerful data driven stories.
- Experience with data analysis workflows: Advanced Excel, SQL, R or similar. SQL experience is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including an ability to communicate complex ideas clearly.
- An understanding of how insightful research & analysis can result in behaviour change.
- Proactive attitude and willingness to get stuck in. You need to be excited about going beyond the core responsibilities detailed above to improve what we do and make it a success.
- Education sector experience is preferred, but not required.
You will be joining a team of highly motivated people who are passionate about our mission of helping students to find the best next step for them after school. If this excites you, you love data, and you’re an energetic person who is willing to learn, then we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll work closely with your line manager - the Data Insights and Analytics Manager - as well as the other Data Analyst in the team. Your projects will also see you working closely with our University Partnerships and Marketing teams.
- Become part of a committed, dynamic and growing team. We want to build the team at Unifrog for the long term – if you do well, we will do our best to make you want to stay at the company for a long time.
- Professional development is important at Unifrog. You will define your own 6-month objectives and will be supported by your line manager and the rest of the team to achieve them. You will have an annual training allowance to spend on what you need to grow and progress.
- Influence the company’s direction: we love to promote great ideas, wherever they come from.
- Join one of the most talked about edtech startups and help transform careers and destinations in schools.
- For details of further benefits we offer our staff, please see the jobs page of our website.
- Salary of £34,000 – £37,000, depending on experience.
- Share in company-wide performance bonus.
- Work remotely or (subject to Government guidelines) in our London office.
- 28 days paid holiday per year (plus bank holidays).
- Start date: as soon as possible, though we will be flexible for the right candidate.
- To discuss any details about the role before applying please contact Stephen (details on our website).
- To discuss working at Unifrog from a diversity perspective please contact Samar (details on our website).
Inclusion and diversity at Unifrog
Within the company we try to foster a culture of innovation, and a happy working environment, both because this is the right thing to do, and because we think this results in the most effective team. To this end we believe in open communication, celebrating successes, supporting each other, not being afraid to be wrong or to fail, and promoting good ideas wherever they come from. We also believe in the power of diversity in all its forms, including in terms of culture, education history, religion, age, socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual orientation, personality, life experiences and disability. We want to encourage applicants from every different background to apply for our roles, and add their perspectives to our team.
- Deadline: Wednesday 20th October by 6pm.
- To apply, please visit our website to upload your CV and complete the questions and tasks below:
- ‘Why do you want to work for Unifrog?’ (300 words)
- ‘With reference to the job description, what makes you an excellent candidate for this role?’ (300 words)
- ‘A university we work with gets in touch with the following: “We want to understand when and where we can better engage with prospective students to improve our Widening Participation goals.” What kind of data sets (from Unifrog or elsewhere) would you want to examine first to help with this? Please also provide the rationale behind your choices’ (300 words)
- The next stage of the application process will be a data-related task for you to complete.
- Final interviews will be held by Zoom on Thursday 4th November.