Head of UK Sales
We’re on a mission to level the playing field when it comes to young people finding and applying for their next step after school. We're achieving this by bringing all the available information into one single, impartial, user-friendly platform that helps students to make the best choices and submit the strongest applications. We also empower teachers and counselors to manage the progression process effectively.
Our outlook is global - we work with schools and universities all over the world, from the US to New Zealand, and from Italy to Hong Kong. We want to make it so that young people can compare every opportunity taught in English, wherever it is in the world, and have all the support they need to make successful applications.
We have a clear social purpose, and we’re hugely ambitious. We already work with nearly half of all UK secondary schools and colleges, and hundreds of international schools. We are growing rapidly in terms of the number of our partners, in terms of how much they use our platform, and in terms of the breadth of products we offer.
Our team is at the heart of our business and is integral to our success. We work hard to foster a culture of openness, happiness and innovation, and we commit to helping every individual learn and grow so that they can reach their full potential. We want to hire talented people, whatever their background. If you are excited by our mission and are ready to work hard, please don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe in the power of diversity. If you are from an ethnic minority background, we would like to strongly encourage you to apply. In advance of applying if you have any questions about working at Unifrog, please contact our UK Diversity Champion, Samar (details on our website).
The role and your key responsibilities
The Head of UK Sales’ role is to make sure we achieve our partner growth, resubscription and revenue targets. They’ll be responsible for maintaining and improving sales excellence within the team and they’ll make sure that our resubscription rate remains above 95%. They will report to Unifrog’s Head of UK Partnerships.
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead the UK Area Manager team to achieve their Goals and Objectives.
- Establish and execute the UK Schools team’s sales strategy. Constantly monitor what’s working well and what isn’t, and make changes accordingly.
- Shadow and support the UK Area Manager team on demos (using the Sales playbook as a framework), Goals and Review calls and look for ways to improve performance.
- Support the New Partnerships Lead with building prospecting campaigns and achieving demo targets.
- Conduct UK Area Manager and New Partnerships Lead performance reviews and support them with their personal development goals.
- Be the point person for escalation of issues related to partners at a high risk of being lost/that have expressed a desire to end their partnership with us.
- Work with the Head of UK Partnerships to secure national MAT and UniConnect deals.
- Work in partnership with the Head of UK Account Management to make sure that the Unifrog Engagement Cycle is being implemented to drive a sky-high resubscription rate.
- Be responsible for a small region of the UK with the responsibilities of an Area Manager.
Essential skills and characteristics
- Strong communication skills – both written and over the phone.
- Proven track record of excellent relationship management.
- A minimum of 2 years sales experience.
- Personable and resilient.
- Innovative and able to implement and execute strategies.
- Proficient in forecasting and data analysis.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and inspire teams and individuals.
- Active listening and objection handling skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Interest in the education sector and careers (edtech experience is favourable but not necessary).
You will be leading a team of highly motivated people who are passionate about our mission of helping students to find the best next step for them after school. If this excites you and you’re an energetic person who is willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Join one of ‘the best organisations to escape to in 2022’ and help transform careers and destinations in schools.
- Become part of a committed, dynamic and growing team. We want to build our team for the long term – if you do well, we will do our best to make sure you want to stay at the company for a long time.
- Professional development is important at Unifrog. You will define your own 6-month objectives and will be supported by your line manager and the rest of the team to achieve them. You will have an annual training allowance to spend on what you need to grow and progress.
- Subject to your own and the company’s performance, in addition to your salary you will earn both a termly bonus and an annual bonus.
- Influence the company’s direction: we love to promote great ideas, wherever they come from.
- For further details of the excellent benefits we offer our staff, please see the jobs page of our website.
- Salary: £48,000 per annum, plus commission from schools and colleges in your area. OTE of £58K+.
- Working hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 4:30pm on Friday.
- 28 days paid holiday per year (plus bank holidays).
- Work remotely or in our London office.
- Full UK driving license is preferable.
- Start date: as soon as possible, though we can be flexible for the right candidate.
- To discuss any details about the role before applying, please speak with Zoe (details on our website).
- To discuss working at Unifrog from a diversity perspective please contact Samar (details on our website).
- Deadline: 22:00 (UK) on Sunday 12th June 2022.
- To apply, please visit our website to upload your CV and answer the questions below:
1. Why do you want to work for Unifrog? (200 words)
2. With reference to the job description, what makes you an excellent candidate for this role? (500 words)
- The next stage of the application process will be a short video task and written task. We will schedule these tasks throughout the application window so we encourage you to apply early.
- Final interviews will be via video call, w/c 20th June 2022.
- We can only consider applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK.
Inclusion and diversity at Unifrog
Within the company we try to foster a culture of innovation, and a happy working environment, both because this is the right thing to do, and because we think this results in the most effective team. To this end we believe in open communication, celebrating successes, supporting each other, not being afraid to be wrong or to fail, and promoting good ideas wherever they come from. We also believe in the power of diversity in all its forms, including in terms of culture, education history, religion, age, socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual orientation, personality, life experiences and disability. We want to encourage applicants from every different background to apply for our roles, and add their perspectives to our team.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.