International New Business Lead
We’re on a mission to level the playing field when it comes to young people finding and applying for their next step after school. We're achieving this by bringing all the available information into one single, impartial, user-friendly platform that helps students to make the best choices and submit the strongest applications. We also empower teachers and counselors to manage the progression process effectively.
Our outlook is truly global - we work with schools and universities in countries all over the world from the US to New Zealand and Italy to Hong Kong. We want to make it so that young people can compare every opportunity, wherever it is in the world, and have all the support they need to make successful applications.
We have a clear social purpose, and we’re hugely ambitious. We already work with a third of UK secondary schools and hundreds of international schools. We are growing rapidly in terms of the number of our customers and in terms of the breadth of products we offer.
Our team is at the heart of our business and is integral to our success. We work hard to foster a culture of openness, happiness and innovation, and we commit to helping every individual learn and grow so that they reach their full potential. We want to hire talented people, whatever their background. If you are excited by our mission and are ready to work hard, please don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe in the power of diversity. If you are from an ethnic minority background we would like to strongly encourage you to apply. In advance of applying if you have any questions about working at Unifrog, please contact our International Diversity Champion, Farhana (details on our website).
The role and your key responsibilities
As International New Business Lead, you will play a pivotal role in driving Unifrog’s growth in countries all around the world. You will be given support from a dedicated team but will also have the autonomy to lead your own campaigns and projects.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Design tailored campaigns involving emails, phone calls, webinars and social media to target an area in a smart, engaging way.
- Speak to interested schools to explain the work we do at Unifrog in a compelling manner with the aim of securing an in-depth demonstration of the platform.
- Attend conferences (often overseas) to promote Unifrog and network with relevant stakeholders in the international education sector.
- Be the first port of call for enquiries from international schools.
- Work with our team of International Area Managers to understand the regional challenges they face and how you can support them.
- Research and identify international schools that we don’t work with but would benefit from using Unifrog.
- Support with other projects such as organising conferences, analysing our competitors and reviewing our marketing collateral.
- Gain an in depth understanding of our competitors in the market.
Essential skills and characteristics
- Highly motivated to reach and exceed personal and team targets
- Very personable and resilient
- Well organized and efficient
- Strong communication skills
- Ready and able to learn
- Experience within the field of sales development an advantage but not crucial
- Interest in the education sector and careers
You will be joining a team of highly motivated people who are passionate about our mission of helping students to find the best next step for them after school. If this excites you, you love building relationships, and you’re an energetic person who is willing to learn, then we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll work closely with your line manager – the Head of International Sales and Delivery - as well as the international team’s Area Managers. Your projects will also see you collaborating with the Marketing team.
- Become part of a committed, dynamic and growing team. We want to build the team at Unifrog for the long term – if you do well, we will do our best to make you want to stay at the company for a long time.
- Professional development is important at Unifrog. You will define your own 6-month objectives and will be supported by your line manager and the rest of the team to achieve them. You will have an annual training allowance to spend on what you need to grow and progress.
- Influence the company’s direction: we love to promote great ideas, wherever they come from.
- Share in company-wide performance bonus.
- Join one of the most talked about edtech startups and help transform careers and destinations in schools.
- For details of further benefits we offer our staff, please see the jobs page of our website.
- £24,000 per annum plus unlimited commission, OTE of £31,000.
- 28 days paid holiday per year (plus bank holidays); the majority of these will need to be taken during school holidays.
- Working hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 4:30pm on Friday.
- Split your time between home and our office in Hoxton, London (a minimum of 2 days per week).
- Start date: as soon as possible, though we will be flexible for the right candidate.
Application and interview details
- Deadline: Sunday 12th December 2021.
- To apply, please visit our website to upload your CV and answer the questions below:
1. Why do you want to work for Unifrog? (200 words)
2. With reference to the job description, what makes you an excellent candidate for this role? (500 words)
- The next stage of the application process will be a short task over the phone. We will schedule these tasks throughout the application window so we encourage you to apply early.
- Final interviews will be held by Zoom, w/c 20th December 2021.
- We can only consider applications from candidates who already have the right to work in the UK.
Inclusion and diversity at Unifrog
Within the company we try to foster a culture of innovation, and a happy working environment, both because this is the right thing to do, and because we think this results in the most effective team. To this end we believe in open communication, celebrating successes, supporting each other, not being afraid to be wrong or to fail, and promoting good ideas wherever they come from. We also believe in the power of diversity in all its forms, including in terms of culture, education history, religion, age, socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual orientation, personality, life experiences and disability. We want to encourage applicants from every different background to apply for our roles, and add their perspectives to our team.