We’re on a mission to level the playing field when it comes to young people finding and applying for their next step after school. We're achieving this by bringing all the available information into one single, impartial, user-friendly platform that helps students to make the best choices, and submit the strongest applications. We also empower teachers and counselors to manage the progression process effectively.
Our outlook is truly global - we work with schools and universities in countries all over the world from the US to New Zealand and Italy to Hong Kong. We want to make it so that young people can compare every opportunity, wherever it is in the world, and have all the support they need to make successful applications.
We have a clear social purpose, and we’re hugely ambitious. We already work with a third of UK secondary schools and hundreds of international schools. We are growing rapidly in terms of the number of our customers and in terms of the breadth of products we offer.
Our team is at the heart of our business and is integral to our success. We work hard to foster a culture of openness, happiness and innovation, and we commit to helping every individual learn and grow so that they reach their full potential. We want to hire talented people, whatever their background. If you are excited by our mission and are ready to work hard, please don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe in the power of diversity. If you are from an ethnic minority background we would like to strongly encourage you to apply. In advance of applying if you have any questions about working at Unifrog, please contact our Diversity Champion, Samar (details on our website).
The role and your key responsibilities
As International Partner Success Lead, your role is to provide world class customer service to our partner base of over 500 international schools. You will be responsible for onboarding our new international schools and supporting our existing international schools to make the most of the Unifrog platform. Solutions and customer service focused, you will make sure that all interactions with Unifrog are prompt, positive and
successful. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Partner management
- Being the first point of contact for our international partner schools.
- Onboarding our new schools by setting them up on our platform and making sure teachers and students are ready to get the most out of Unifrog.
- Continually improving our onboarding materials and processes using feedback you get from our partners.
- Working with the International Partnerships Manager to identify usage trends across our international school base that can inform our approach to partner support and engagement.
- Partner training and support
- Training staff remotely on how to use the platform; this could be a one to one phone call, a video meeting with a school’s key Unifrog contacts, or a webinar with lots of teachers attending from around the world.
- Supporting with the creation and maintenance of the hundreds of guides and resources that support teachers to get the most out of Unifrog.
- Other tasks
- Leading on and supporting a variety of other projects across other parts of the business during quieter periods.
- Proactively working to foster a sense of community amongst our Unifrog partners and always thinking about how we can promote the sharing and embedding of Unifrog best practice across our partner schools.
- Supporting our international team with general admin.
Essential skills and experiences
- Strong communication skills – written, over the phone and on video calls.
- Track record of excellent customer service.
- You can work well independently and under pressure.
- Extremely well organized, with a keen attention to detail
- A background and interest in education would be an advantage.
- Proactive attitude and willingness to get stuck in.
You’ll mainly work alongside Unifrog’s International Partnerships Manager, who will be your line manager. You’ll also work with Unifrog’s International Area Managers to deliver excellent customer service across our partner school base.
- Become part of a committed, dynamic and growing team. We want to build the team at Unifrog for the long term – if you do well, we will do our best to make you want to stay at the company for a long time.
- Professional development is important at Unifrog. You will define your own 6-month objectives and will be supported by your line manager and the rest of the team to achieve them. You will have an annual training allowance to spend on what you need to grow and progress.
- Influence the company’s direction: we love to promote great ideas, wherever they come from.
- Join one of the most talked about edtech startups and help transform careers and destinations in schools.
- For details of further benefits we offer our staff, please see the jobs page of our website.
- Salary of £26,000 – £27,000, depending on experience.
- Share in company-wide performance bonus.
- Work remotely or (subject to Government guidelines) in our London office.
- 28 days paid holiday per year; the majority of these need to be taken during school holidays (plus bank holidays).
- Start date: as soon as possible, though we will be flexible for the right candidate.
Inclusion and diversity at Unifrog
Within the company we try to foster a culture of innovation, and a happy working environment, both because this is the right thing to do, and because we think this results in the most effective team. To this end we believe in open communication, celebrating successes, supporting each other, not being afraid to be wrong or to fail, and promoting good ideas wherever they come from. We also believe in the power of diversity in all its forms, including in terms of culture, education history, religion, age, socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual orientation, personality, life experiences and disability. We want to encourage applicants from every different background to apply for our roles, and add their perspectives to our team.
Application and interview details
- Deadline: 14th July 2021
- To apply, please visit our website to upload your CV and complete the questions and tasks below:
i. Why do you want to work for Unifrog? (200 words)
ii. With reference to the job description, what makes you an excellent candidate for this role? (500 words)
iii. A teacher who has just started using Unifrog gets in touch with the below query (see email below). Using our website to guide you, draft an appropriate response (200 words max).
Our school has just signed up to use your platform and I wanted to check some things.
Please could you let me know how your platform could help my student who is applying to US universities? Furthermore, my IT department has asked me to check whether Unifrog is GDPR compliant, and related to that, whether Unifrog is treated as a data controller or a data processor?
- The next stage of the application process will be a short task over the phone. We will schedule these tasks throughout the application window so we encourage you to apply early.
- Final interviews will be held by Zoom, w/c 19th July 2021
- We can only consider candidates who already have the right to work in the EU.