Marketing and Events Assistant
We’re on a mission to level the playing field when it comes to young people finding and applying for their next step after school. We're achieving this by bringing all the available information into one single, impartial, user-friendly platform that helps students to make the best choices, and submit the strongest applications. We also empower teachers and counselors to manage the progression process effectively.
Our outlook is global - we work with schools and universities all over the world, from the US to New Zealand, and from Italy to Hong Kong. We want to make it so that young people can compare every opportunity taught in English, wherever it is in the world, and have all the support they need to make successful applications.
We have a clear social purpose, and we’re hugely ambitious. We already work with more than a third of UK secondary schools and hundreds of international schools. We are growing rapidly in terms of the number of our partners, in terms of how much they use our platform, and in terms of the breadth of products we offer.
Our team is at the heart of our business and is integral to our success. We work hard to foster a culture of openness, happiness and innovation, and we commit to helping every individual learn and grow so that they can reach their full potential. We want to hire talented people, whatever their background. If you are excited by our mission and are ready to work hard, please don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe in the power of diversity. If you are from an ethnic minority background, we would like to strongly encourage you to apply. In advance of applying if you have any questions about working at Unifrog, please contact our UK Diversity Champion, Samar (details on our website).
The role and your key responsibilities
As Marketing and Events Assistant, you’ll play a key role in making sure all our events are delivered to the highest standard. Our Unifrog webinar series and Unifrog University and Careers Fairs are a growing part of the company that we’re really excited about, and you’ll play a big role in driving their success.
You’ll be working closely alongside our Marketing Manager and Marketing and Events Lead to make sure all our events help students to make informed decisions about their next steps. You’ll also help inform our social media content, work on graphic design projects, and support with other day-to-day marketing responsibilities.
1. Webinar series and University & Careers Fairs
- Work alongside the Marketing and Events Lead, the main point of contact for Unifrog’s webinar series and University and Careers Fairs.
- Make sure that all our events are relevant and provide value to our student audience.
- Ensure the smooth running of our University and Careers Fairs. Become an expert user of the Airmeet platform – send reminders of session start times, spark conversations on the chat function, and solve any technical issues.
- Act as a host for some of our events – run live sessions, field questions from participants, and facilitate discussions between our expert panelists.
- Work with the rest of the Marketing team to organise our annual Unifrog teacher-facing conference. This will involve sourcing a venue, organising refreshments, putting together a line-up, liaising with speakers, and providing on-the-day support.
- Manage the logistics of our conference equipment and make sure equipment and materials are delivered to external conferences and returned to the office in time.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all our conference equipment and work with the Marketing Manager to update conference equipment and printed materials as and when needed.
3. Ad hoc marketing responsibilities
- Help inform our student-facing social media content. You’ll help us to stay relevant and connected to our student audience.
- Work on ongoing projects including updating our marketing collateral using Visme, our graphic design software.
Essential skills and characteristics
- Experience in organising events (ideally both online and in person).
- Confident and engaging in front of the camera.
- Excellent communication skills, in person, written, over the phone and via video call.
- Confident with Google sheets and docs, and happy to learn new platforms such as Airmeet and Visme.
- Highly organised, detail-orientated, and able to juggle different projects and deadlines.
- Comfortable working as part of a team, but also able to take the initiative when required.
- An interest in the education sector.
- Experience with using graphic design software to work on simple graphic design projects.
- Proactive attitude and willingness to get stuck in. You need to be excited about going beyond the core responsibilities detailed above to improve what we do and make it a success.
You will be joining a team of highly motivated people who are passionate about our mission of helping students to find the best next step for them after school. If this excites you, you love organising events, and are an energetic person who is willing to learn, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Become part of a committed, dynamic and growing team. We want to build the team at Unifrog for the long term – if you do well, we will do our best to make you want to stay at the company for a long time.
- Professional development is important at Unifrog. You will define your own 6-month objectives and will be supported by your line manager and the rest of the team to achieve them. You will have an annual training allowance to spend on what you need to grow and progress.
- Influence the company’s direction: we love to promote great ideas, wherever they come from.
- Join one of the most talked about edtech startups and help transform careers and destinations in schools.
- For details of further benefits we offer our staff, please see the jobs page of our website.
- £26,000 - £28,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- Share in company-wide performance bonus.
- Full-time. Working hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 4:30pm on Friday.
- Split your time between working remotely and at our office in Hoxton, London.
- 28 days paid holiday per year (plus bank holidays).
- Start date: we’re looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
- To discuss any details about the role before applying please contact Stephen (details on our website).
- To discuss working at Unifrog from a diversity perspective please contact Samar (details on our website).
Inclusion and diversity at Unifrog
Within the company we try to foster a culture of innovation, and a happy working environment, both because this is the right thing to do, and because we think this results in the most effective team. To this end we believe in open communication, celebrating successes, supporting each other, not being afraid to be wrong or to fail, and promoting good ideas wherever they come from. We also believe in the power of diversity in all its forms, including in terms of culture, education history, religion, age, socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual orientation, personality, life experiences and disability. We want to encourage applicants from every different background to apply for our roles, and add their perspectives to our team.
- Deadline: Sunday 12th December 2021.
- To apply, please visit our website to upload your CV and answer the questions below:
i. Why do you want to work for Unifrog? (200 words)
ii. With reference to the job description, what makes you an excellent candidate for this role? (300 words)
iii. In your opinion, what are the top three things that would make a Unifrog University Fair a success? (250 words)
- The next stage of the application process will be a short phone interview. We will send you instructions if you are successful in the first application stage.
- Final interviews will be held by Zoom w/c 20 December.