We’re on a mission to level the playing field when it comes to young people finding and applying for their next step after school. We're achieving this by bringing all the available information into one single, impartial, user-friendly platform that helps students to make the best choices, and submit the strongest applications. We also empower teachers and counselors to manage the progression process effectively.
Our outlook is truly global - we work with schools and universities in countries all over the world from the US to New Zealand and Italy to Hong Kong. We want to make it so that young people can compare every opportunity, wherever it is in the world, and have all the support they need to make successful applications.
We have a clear social purpose, and we’re hugely ambitious. We already work with a third of UK secondary schools and hundreds of international schools. We are growing rapidly both in terms of the number of our customers and in terms of the breadth of products we offer.
Our team is at the heart of our business and is integral to our success. We work hard to foster a culture of openness, happiness and innovation, and we commit to helping every individual learn and grow so that they reach their full potential. We want to hire talented people, whatever their background. If you are excited by our mission and are ready to work hard, please don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe in the power of diversity. If you are from an ethnic minority background we would like to strongly encourage you to apply. In advance of applying if you have any questions about working at Unifrog, please contact our Diversity Champion, Samar (contact details on our website).
As International New Business Lead, you will play a pivotal role in driving Unifrog’s growth in countries all around the world. You will be given support from a dedicated team but will also have the autonomy to lead your own campaigns and projects.
Described below are some of your main responsibilities:
- Design tailored campaigns involving emails, phone calls, webinars and social media to target an area in a smart, engaging way.
- Speak to interested schools to explain the work we do at Unifrog in a compelling manner with the aim of securing an in-depth demonstration of the platform.
- Attend conferences (often overseas) to promote Unifrog and network with relevant stakeholders in the international education sector.
- Be the first port of call for enquiries from international schools.
- Work with our team of International Area Managers to understand the regional challenges they face and how you can support them.
- Research and identify international schools that we don’t work with but would benefit from using Unifrog.
- Support with other projects such as organising conferences, analysing our competitors and reviewing our marketing collateral.
Training and development
- Professional development is at the core of our performance review process.
- Everyone in the company defines their own 6 month objectives; their line manager and the rest of the organisation support them to reach these objectives.
- Everyone in the company has access to an annual training budget. Each person decides how to spend their budget, supported by their line manager.
- Anyone in the team can volunteer to become a 'Champion' in a specific area - they get an additional training budget, and the chance to lead training sessions for the whole team.
- When senior/managerial positions become available we typically look to promote from within.
- Become part of a committed, dynamic and growing team. We want to build our team for the long term – if you do well, we will do our best to make sure you want to stay at the company for a long time.
- Influence the company’s direction: we love to promote great ideas, wherever they come from.
- Unlimited commission.
- Subject to your own and the company’s performance, in addition to your salary you will be entitled to an annual bonus.
- People-focused, speaking frequently with staff at schools around the world.
- Join one of the most talked about education technology startups and help transform careers and destinations in schools.
Essential skills and experiences
- Excited by our mission
- Highly motivated to reach and exceed personal and team targets
- Very personable and resilient
- Well organized and efficient
- Strong communication skills
- Ready and able to learn
- Experience within the field of sales development an advantage but not crucial
- Interest in the education sector and careers
Inclusion and diversity at Unifrog
Within the company we try to foster a culture of innovation, and a happy working environment, both because this is the right thing to do, and because we think this results in the most effective team. To this end we believe in open communication, celebrating successes, supporting each other, not being afraid to be wrong or to fail, and promoting good ideas wherever they come from. We also believe in the power of diversity in all its forms, including in terms of culture, education history, religion, age, socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual orientation, personality, life experiences and disability. We want to encourage applicants from every different background to apply for our roles, and add their perspectives to our team.
- Based in our London office in Hoxton, E2 8HD
- Base salary of £24,000 plus unlimited commission (OTE £31,000), plus bonus.
- 28 days paid holiday per year; the vast majority of these need to be taken during school holidays (plus bank holidays).
- Normal working hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday – some days you may need to start earlier but you can finish earlier as a result. Unifrog have a shorter working day on Fridays, 8:30am – 4:00pm.
- Start date: August 2020
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail in advance of applying then please call our number on our website and ask for Stephen.
Application and interview details
- Deadline: Friday 10th July 2020.
- To apply, please visit our website to upload your CV and answer the questions below:
- Why do you want to work for Unifrog? (200 words)
- With reference to the job description, what makes you an excellent candidate for this role? (500 words)
- We will hold telephone interviews throughout the application window so we encourage you to apply early.
- Candidates who are successful in the telephone interview will be invited to an in-person interview.
- Final interviews to be held on Friday 17th July at our London office, Hoxton, E2 8HD, although this may be moved to a video conference.
We can only consider candidates who already have the right to work in the EU.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.