Role FINANCE MANAGER
Role Purpose To be responsible for supporting the effective day to day financial management of the Credit Union.
Reporting to Chief Operating Officer
Salary Banding £28,000 to £32,000 dependant on experience
Hours 37.5 per week
Unify Credit Union is a community savings and loan co-operative providing financial services to 10,000 members across Wigan, Leigh, Chorley, Skelmersdale and Leyland. Unify Credit Union is authorised and regulated by both the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulatory Authority.
We are looking for a motivated financial analyst to manage the finance, banking and credit functions of the credit union, and to support the Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officer in financial management and planning issues.
- Treasury and budget management
- Management of collections process to reduce arrears and write offs and to manage provisioning and write off policies
- To ensure accounting practices are followed across the credit union and that the accounts comply with appropriate accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- To improve the financial, accounting and treasury policies
- To ensure all financial processes are fully documented
- To liaise with both the external and internal auditors and bring to the attention of the CEO any issues of concern
- To assist with the business planning process by modelling financial and member data
- To support the COO in preparing, delivering and monitoring the annual budget
- To prepare monthly financial and key performance reports for the board and management team
- To conduct stress testing and advise on financial risk management policies
- To be responsible for the preparation and submission of all financial returns to the FCA, PRA and other regulatory authorities
- To ensure timely and accurate bank reconciliations and treasury management
- To attend monthly Finance Committee Meetings and board meetings as required
- To undertake special projects as and when required
- To work effectively with others in order to make a positive contribution to the work of the credit union.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required consistent with the role.
- Ability to understand, develop and implement banking & financial systems.
- An understanding of how the collections process impacts on the financial sustainability of an organisation.
- An understanding of the new GDPR regulations and the impact on Financial Services
- Self- motivated and flexible approach
- Able to work as a member of a team.
- Commitment to driving up standards to meet targets and to improve customer service.
- Must be highly organised and able to work confidently and independently
- Must be able to process information with a high level of detail and care; analyse member accounts and define what constitutes sensitive data
- Able to deal with team members to train and support using the appropriate style
- Good communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written with all staff, volunteers and directors, ensuring information and decision making is clear, transparent and confidential
Additional duties also include;
- Cover for Finance Assistant in their absence
- Assisting in the month end and year end processing.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties as requested by COO
Key knowledge and skills
• At least three years accountancy experience.
• Experience of working with external and internal auditors.
• Experience of providing high level financial reporting.
• Experience of operational improvements and systems development
• Strong IT literacy with ability to use MS Office confidently.
We're looking for someone who is:
- Analytical, including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and ability to adapt to new systems.
- Highly motivated with a flexible pragmatic approach.
- Sound with their financial accounting knowledge and experience of budget setting and forecasting.
- Has excellent communication skills
- Skilled at using their judgement, initiative and ability to overcome obstacles and find creative solutions.
We offer you more than the opportunity to work. We offer you the chance to help in supporting the local community to become more financially resilient.
Closing Date Friday 25th December 2020
Interviews will take place week commencing 4th January 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.