Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator with experience in online community management, content development including copywriting for different audiences, and supporting a small team to thrive through organised communications coordination.
Ideally, you will:
- Have prior experience of working collaboratively within a communications team focused on social impact
- Be a confident writer, including for web, e-marketing, and social media channels
- Bring demonstrable experience in online community management
- Be a self-starter with an excellent ability to thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
Key components of the role include:
1. Content development - work hand in hand with subject specialists to produce engaging written content for owned channel engagement and partner activation, in support of brand and advocacy goals and consistent with brand and messaging.
2. Content oversight - provide high quality creative briefs to graphic designer(s)/agency to develop visual content for online channels, in support of brand and advocacy goals and consistent with brand and messaging.
3. Editorial planning - develop and project manage delivery of the organisation’s editorial calendar, to drive an ongoing drumbeat of content across channels and in support of key advocacy moments.
4. Social media activation - lead on day to day management of UnitedGMH social media channels, with a focus on Twitter and LinkedIn, in support of the organisation’s brand and advocacy goals.
5. Community management - use online communications tools, including e-marketing (MailChimp); social media; and dedicated events to promote multi-directional engagement between members of the Global Mental Health Action Network - including UnitedGMH.
6. E-marketing - use MailChimp to deliver e-newsletter communications to the UnitedGMH mailing list, with clear calls to action at strategic moments.
7. Events - support the organisation of high profile communications activities around key events and global moments (for example World Mental Health Day) and lead the organisational implementation and marketing of the monthly webinar series.
8. Website - support the revamp of the new UnitedGMH website and ensure that website content is regularly refreshed in line with brand and advocacy goals, drafting new content as needed.
9. Monitoring, evaluation and reporting - support the communications team by collecting and presenting relevant data on a regular basis.
10. Team organisation - support the communications team through project management, meeting management, supplier invoices, keeping media lists and CRM up-to-date, and the development of a daily news summary.
A keen interest in, and basic knowledge of, campaigning in a global context
Strong relationship management skills
Understanding, and experience in use, of online channels (incl. Web, social media and e-marketing) for communications and campaigns
Strong research, copywriting and proofreading skills, adapted to key audiences (partners, press etc.)
Comfortable juggling and delivering on multiple pieces of work against tight timeframes
Highly organised individual with experience of team administration support
A “doer”- ability to anticipate requirements and act to provide workable solutions with limited budget
A good knowledge of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel), Zoom, and Google Workspace - with basic understanding of CRM, e-marketing software e.g. MailChimp and website CMS
A strong desire to learn
An understanding of, and passion for, improving global mental health
Experience working in an advocacy / NGO environment
Working knowledge of French, Spanish or another UN language
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.