Role: Executive and Fundraising Assistant
Reporting To: Finance & Operations Manager
Term: Fixed Term – 2 years
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 p.a.
We want to see a world where everyone, everywhere, has someone to turn to in support of their mental health. However, this is not currently the case. Worldwide mental health conditions are increasing, and depression alone is on track to be the leading disease burden by 2030. The world is not yet equipped to handle this growing crisis, especially in low and middle-income countries where the majority of conditions occur. United for Global Mental Health was established in 2018 as an organisation focused on increasing global advocacy, campaigning and financing for global mental health to address this growing global need and increase the political and financial commitment so that everyone, everywhere has someone to turn to when their mental health needs support.
Together with over 80 people from 14 countries, we have launched the first global mental health campaign that is led by passionate campaigners and people with lived-experience of mental health from all over the world: from Nigeria to the US, from Indonesia to Australia and from Sierra Leone to Tonga. Supported by high-profile partners and ambassadors, our campaign unites efforts to bring greater action on mental health.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Executive Assistant with an interest in fundraising to join a growing charity in supporting the Chief Executives and Fundraising Manager.
Reporting to the Finance & Operations Manager, the Executive and Fundraising Assistant will regularly liaise with Trustees, the Board, Donors and high net worth individuals.
You will be a confident and energetic individual with proven experience to provide comprehensive support to the CEOs, including but not limited to:
- Proactive diary management
- First point of contact for the CEOs
- Managing the CEOs’ worldwide travel arrangements, including flights, ground transportation, transfers, hotels and produce detailed itineraries and packs
- Providing administrative support to the Fundraising Manager, including scheduling meetings and taking minutes
- Researching prospective UHNWI donors and grant-givers
- Supporting donor management as required including gift processing and donor acknowledgement
- Support on writing grant applications and reporting to funders
- Keep our funding pipeline up to date
- Ensure that all fundraising files and data is well managed and stored
- Oversee the creation of briefs for designers and lead on creative briefs for external creative agencies
- Use judgement and knowledge to answer queries without asking the CEOs and delegate actions to others when necessary
- Commission briefing and other materials for all appointments from members of senior staff, ensuring the CEOs are fully prepared for all meetings in a timely manner
- Project manage workstreams close to the CEOs priorities ensuring there are clear agendas, actions and next steps.
- Collate business expenses with the support of the Office Administrator
- Working with the Finance & Operations Manager to assist in the administration of board meetings, including board paper collation, formatting and distribution.
- Production of board meeting minutes and updating of actions
- Timetabling of 1:1s and internal meetings
- Working with the Office Administrator to coordinate operational set-up of internal & external meetings
- Support the wider team when required
- Occasional travel alongside the CEO may be needed
The right candidate will demonstrate a flexible approach, have strong interpersonal skills and will have provided executive support to an executive team in the past and maintain discretion at all times.
You will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and working as part of a team to achieve goals.
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels, internal & external stakeholders and people with lived experience of mental health
- Building lasting relationships with staff and stakeholders
- Highly organised, confident and diligent with excellent communication written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to plan and prioritise work for self and others
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and proactively
- Have the ability to meet changing and challenging deadlines while maintaining rigorous attention to detail
- Three years’ experience of working in a similar role
- Ability to work proactively and under pressure
- Excellent computer literacy. Experience in Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Docs), Mac OS (Mail, iCal), Excel, PowerPoint and Word to an advanced level
- Basic research experience
- Previous experience supporting senior executives as a PA/EA is essential
- Ability to travel
- Solution oriented
- Third sector experience
- Experience of working in a small, entrepreneurial team
What’s on offer
The opportunity to work within a growing team located Somerset House on the Strand, overlooking the Thames, with regular invites & discounts to Somerset House events.
5% Employer pension
28 days annual leave
Weekly fruit delivery
United for Global Mental Health is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable individuals therefore this position will be subject to a background and DBS check.
This document must be read in conjunction with the attached Staff Recruitment Privacy Notice.
Closing date for applications: 29th January 2020
1st Stage interviews: 3rd February 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.