**PLEASE NOTE: To apply for this vacancy, please ensure you firstly download a copy of our application form from the documents section when you are directed to our website and complete it. Click the 'apply' button and fill out your personal details in the relevant sections. Once you have submitted these you will be asked if you would like to attach any documents. At this stage please submit the completed version of the application form.**
UK for UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency's national charity partner, is looking for an ambitious, proactive, team player who can join us as a Senior Officer, Direct & Digital Marketing within the Individual Giving Team.
You will be joining the charity at an exciting moment, becoming part of a small but high performing team with big ambitions.
In this exciting new role, You will manage acquisition and retention projects across multiple channels including direct mail, digital and telemarketing and will have a leading role in developing the new Committed Giving programme. You will be a confident communicator and experienced project manager.
If you think you have the relevant skills and crucially, the passion to support the refugee cause, please apply, we’d love to hear from you.
Who We Are And What We Do
United Kingdom for UNHCR is the United Nations Refugee Agency’s national charity partner for the United Kingdom. We generate public awareness of the plight of refugees and raise funds to help protect them through UNHCR’s humanitarian operations across the world.
Our supporters include UK private individuals, communities, corporate partners, trusts and foundations. The funds we raise help UNHCR deliver emergency relief such as shelter, medical care and basic supplies to people fleeing conflict and persecution, as well as healthcare, education and livelihoods opportunities for those who remain displaced over the long term.
Nobody chooses to be a refugee, but we can all play a part in their protection and we want those who work with us to share our values and passion for the cause.
We strongly value diversity and recognise that it is critical to our success and the cause that we serve. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all who work with us and strongly welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and those with lived experience of being a refugee, asylum seeker, internally displaced person or a stateless person. .
We are also open to flexibility in many different ways, including an element of working from home and flexible hours. Please don’t be afraid to speak to us about this at the interview stage, so we can explore what’s possible.
· Lead on the Committed Giving programme. Recruit, convert, upgrade and reactivate via key channels including telemarketing and post. Develop an integrated and inspiring stewardship journey.
· Manage a variety of other fundraising campaigns across acquisition and retention from agency briefing, through to launch, meeting six figure campaign targets.
· Work with Digital Fundraising colleagues to create integrated, multichannel campaigns and an effective, donor-first giving journey.
· Remain flexible and quickly respond to emergency situations, identifying fundraising opportunities.
· Manage data projects, including mailing file development, data cleansing, and Salesforce management as required.
· Manage the production process, developing supplier briefs and managing approval stages and end of campaign reviews.
· Manage donor research and mystery shopping as required, using insights to inform creative decisions and ensure donor centric fundraising.
· Manage campaign fulfilment. Monitor responses to identify issues and opportunities.
· From time-to-time support with Donor Care activities.
· Ensure cost effective fundraising, manage individual campaign budgets and identify opportunities to improve ROIs.
· Stay up to date with issues affecting displaced communities, campaigns from international teams, reports from the field. Scope new fundraising themes.
· Share creative and insights with UK colleagues, global markets and HQ, participating in training seminars, workshops and skill shares where applicable.
Personal Attributes and Experience
- Extensive experience of scoping, briefing in, managing and delivering fundraising campaigns.
- Experience managing telemarketing, email and mail fundraising campaigns
- Experience working across Committed Giving Campaigns.
- Experience working with suppliers, including budget management, campaign planning and briefing.
- Experience of data file development (in collaboration with Data teams)
- Knowledge of direct marketing practices and principles
- Able to act proactively and identify new fundraising opportunities.
- Able to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks, meeting programme deadlines.
- Attention to detail and proof-reading skills and an ability to give coherent and constructive feedback on creative and copy.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Numerate, with an ability to analyse results and identify trends.
- Strong presentation, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
1st stage interviews planned for 9th December 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.