Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
GLOBAL ADVISOR, SPORT FOR DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE
*Note: Regular home-working may be possible for a candidate not based within reasonable commuting distance from Cardiff but regular travel to Cardiff will be required.
Aim of post:
We’re looking for someone to champion the role of SDP across the whole organisation, overseeing its growth and development. Externally you will be an authoritative face of SDP, extending our networks, promoting our work and making connections. Internally you will help embed SDP throughout our programmes, offer the technical expertise to country programmes, and support/lead on fundraising endeavours. You will also manage our SDP-specific programmes effectively and efficiently. This role will involve regular travel within the UK and internationally.
• Degree educated, preferably in development studies or a related field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in international development
• Demonstrable experience of working with SDP programmes, including technical expertise and a good working knowledge of the wider SDP sector.
• Strong M&E and programme management experience in relation to community development programmes.
• Experience of working closely with local partner organisations.
• Proven capacity-building experience, including providing remote support and delivering high quality, engaging training and workshops.
• Proven experience in grant acquisition, including developing successful proposals.
• Fluency in English, including excellent level of written and spoken English.
• Ability to travel internationally, and proven ability to work cross-culturally.
• Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding in the international development context.
For further information on the responsibilities and person specification, please visit our website.
How to apply:
To apply for this role please send your CV, and a short covering letter by 28 July 2019 quoting ‘Global Advisor, SDP’ in the subject line.
In the cover letter, please ensure to explain the following:
1. Why you are applying for the position
2. How your skills and experience meet the person specification
Interviews will be held on 08 August 2019.
All applications will be acknowledged but only successful applications will be contacted further.
United Purpose has a Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, which reflects our commitment to protecting the people with whom we work. All candidates will be expected to comply with this policy and its procedures.