Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Responsible to: Senior HR Officer
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract type: Fixed term contract, 6 months
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000 depending on experience
Aim of post:
The HR Assistant will provide high quality and well-organised human resources administration relating to all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
- Assist with recruitment processes for UK and international staff.
- Schedule induction itineraries for incoming UK and International staff.
- Maintain the HR database and personnel folders.
- Record and monitor employee absence records.
- Support employee relations cases through minute taking.
- Preparation of documentation for all aspects of the employee life cycle, including leavers, changes to terms and conditions, maternity and paternity and flexible working requests.
- Assist with the implementation of HR and Safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are updated according to regulation and are adhered to in the UK office.
- Ensure compliance under GDPR for processing HR data.
- Organise HR Committee meetings, prepare minutes and follow up on action points.
- Assist with the recruitment of UK volunteers and maintain the volunteer database.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and thriving organisational culture.
- 1 years’ experience of working in a fast-paced HR department.
- A good standard of education to at least five GCSEs A-C level, including Maths and English, or be able to demonstrate equivalent work based skills and abilities.
- Demonstrable experience in working with confidential information.
- Understanding of basic employment law relating to recruitment, absence and performance management.
- Excellent attention to detail combined with good organisational skills.
- Flexible and resilient with good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels - verbally and in writing.
- Good level of IT literacy (MS office) and numeracy skills.
- Working towards or obtained CIPD qualification - an advantage, but not essential.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this role please send your CV, a short covering letter, and our Equal Opportunities form
(voluntary) by 02 June 2019 quoting ‘HR Assistant’ in the subject line.
United Purpose has a Safeguarding Policy, which reflects our commitment to protect the people
with whom we work. All employees will be expected to comply with this policy and its procedures.