Responsible to: Global Director of External Affairs – with a close working relationships with the Global CEO
Base: Cardiff (with travel around UK)
Hours: 35 hours per week (part-time hours will be considered)
Contract type: 2 Years. Fixed term contract
Salary: £28,000- £35,000 pa depending on experience
Aim of post:
The united purpose (UP) strategic partnerships, current and new, have been identified as significant growth areas,
and we’re looking for an experienced partnership manager to lead and develop these within UP. This would have a
special focus on our partnership with a US INGO, amongst others.
- Manage current and new strategic partnerships, with a specific focus on developing and maintaining high levels of trust and impact.
- Develop and implement a partnerships strategy to maximize up’s profile, funding and impact.
- Working in close collaboration with colleagues, identify prospective new partnerships, especially focused on our US partnership, our carbon offsetting, impact measurements and other innovations.
- Significantly increase new business income through tenaciously seeking and pursuing funding opportunities and partnerships leads and (including cold approaches), delivering on partnerships which drive income, keeping abreast of the developments within the sector.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of assets: including proposals, pitches, case studies and quotes, to use in future proposals and across the wider team.
- Establish rigorous processes to ensure prospects and donors are efficiently and effectively managed.
- Be an ambassador for united purpose at external events, working with colleagues, volunteers and trustees to unlock new opportunities.
- Regular reporting against expenditure, budgets, activity and performance against internal targets.
- Degree educated, preferably in development studies or a related field
- Proven ability and demonstrable experience of managing partnerships effectively
- Demonstrable experience of securing and growing funding
- Experience of proactively drafting successful, compelling and powerful proposals for active and prospective corporates and major donors
- Experience of setting accurate and effective annual budgets, targets and KPI’s within a Corporate or Major Donor context
- Excellent knowledge of the funding context within the UK
- Ability to understand and work across a wide range of cultural and political contexts reflecting up’s international presence
- A strong interest in up’s purpose and vision
For further information on the responsibilities and person specification please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply for this role please send your CV, and a short covering letter to us by 01 September 2019 quoting ‘Major Partnerships and Innovation Manager’ in the subject line.
In the cover letter, please ensure to explain the following:
1. Why you are applying for the position
2. How your skills and experience meet the person specification
All applications will be acknowledged but only successful applications will be contacted further.
United Purpose has a Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, which reflects our commitment to protecting the people with whom we work. All candidates will be expected to comply with this policy and its procedures.