1 x Treasurer
1 x General Trustee (preferred specialism fundraising)
UNITED PURPOSE – who are we?
United Purpose is an international development charity that strives to end poverty and inequality across the globe.
We are a leader in community-led development and grassroots innovations. For over 40 years we have worked with frontline activists, community organisations and individuals to support people to gain agency over their own lives – so they can move beyond aid.
- Ensuring that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- Ensuring that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
- Ensuring the organisation uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects.
- Contributing actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Safeguarding the good name and values of the organisation.
- Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
- Ensuring the financial stability of the organisation.
- Protecting and managing the property of the charity and ensuring the proper investment of the charity’s funds.
- Monitoring the performance of the CEO.
- A solid understanding of how charity organisations operate.
- Excellent critical thinking abilities.
- The capacity to provide the CEO, wider Senior Leadership Team and fellow board members with high support and high challenge.
- The ability to contribute at least two days of their time each quarter.
- The ability to travel to UP’s Cardiff office for meetings at least four times a year.
Treasurer person specification
Holds an accountancy qualification (essential)
Has a comprehensive understanding of charity finance (preferred)
Has an international background (preferred)
Fundraising specialist person specification
Expertise in fundraising strategy development and implementation (essential)
Trusts and foundations experience (preferred)
Expertise in communications and PR (preferred)