Trusts and Foundations Manager
Home-Based (with regular travel to our office in Cardiff and Village Aid’s offices in the Peak District)
United Purpose is a movement of people and organisations that strive to end poverty and inequality across the globe. We are a leader in community-led development and grassroots innovation and for over 40 years we have worked with frontline activists, community organisations and individuals to support people to gain control over their own lives.
In 2015, Village Aid – a small international development charity based in the Peak District – joined the United Purpose family. For the past 30 years, Village Aid has been supporting communities in West Africa to define their own route out of poverty.
The United Purpose/Village Aid Trusts and Foundations portfolio has been identified as a significant growth area. As such, we’re looking for a Trusts and Foundations Manager to accelerate our trusts and foundations offering.
- Salary of £26,000 - £31,000 per annum
- Work from home
- Pension (6% contribution)
- 25 days’ holiday plus three day Christmas shutdown
- Support the success of worthy causes for two charity brands
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to work within a supportive, enthusiastic and experienced team to cultivate strategic, valuable partnerships for Village Aid and United Purpose.
You will play an invaluable role within our organisation by generating funds and creating relationships that will enable us to support even people in poverty to take control of their own lives and forge independent futures, both for themselves and the generations that follow.
So, if you could use your experience of managing trust and foundation relationships to transform the lives of thousands of people in some of the world’s poorest countries, we want to hear from you.
As the Trusts and Foundations Manager, you will lead the development of trusts and foundations proposals for both United Purpose and Village Aid.
Working closely with the Head of Fundraising and Development, you’ll build and manage relationships with trusts and foundations, including the ongoing stewardship of current funders. You will also research, develop and cultivate new partnerships at the £50k+ level.
Your other duties will include:
- Developing and implementing a detailed fundraising strategy
- Increasing awareness of Village Aid’s work by developing links with local charity networks in South Yorkshire and the Peak District
- Writing persuasive and tailored funding proposals
- Working with colleagues to identify prospective new funders and match donors with appropriate funding opportunities
- Co-ordinating and submitting ongoing monitoring and evaluation reports in line with funding requirements
- Acting as an ambassador for our causes at external events
To join us as a Trusts and Foundations Manager, you will need:
- Experience of securing significant funding from charitable trusts and foundations
- Previous experience of managing and developing relationships with key trust and foundation contacts
- A track record of delivering income against agreed targets and timescales
- Experience of maintaining a funding pipeline and submitting applications and reports within agreed timescales
- Previous experience of setting effective annual budgets, targets and KPIs within a trusts and foundations context
- Excellent research and analytical skills, as well as a high level of literacy and numeracy
- A degree level qualification (preferably a Master’s degree), ideally in development studies or a related field
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising Manager, Trusts Fundraising Manager, Foundations Fundraising Manager, Grants Fundraising Manager, Trusts Proposals Manager, Senior Fundraising Officer, or Senior Fundraising Executive.
Webrecruit, United Purpose and Village Aid are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking a rewarding new role as a Trusts and Foundations Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.