A great opportunity to increase and develop major donor support with a focus on six-figure donations that support growth and impact.
United World Schools focus on improving educational opportunities for some of the world’s most poor and marginalised children by providing free access to education.
Founded in 2009 they have quickly established themselves as a leading educational charity, currently operating in Cambodia, Myanmar and Nepal.
They are enthusiastic and ambitious to grow the organisation and are therefore looking for an Associate Director of Major Gifts to increase donor support in line with their strategic aims.
For 2020, the team are on target to secure £750,000 in major gifts and this role will be integral to growing that support to £1m in 2021. The charity has secured Aid Match next year, giving them an incredible opportunity to increase donor numbers and double donations.
As Associate Director of Major Gifts you will focus on developing and delivering a model of major giving that moves from low five-figure gifts to larger, strategically focussed five- and six-figure donations that support growth and impact.
The charity benefits from a number of existing long term major donors – you’ll focus on new relationships and pipeline development but also build relationships with these incredible supporters to fully understand their motivations and how they can increase their support for the organisation.
As Associate Director of Major Gifts you will:
- develop the strategy for major donors, implementing and driving it forward to achieve an income of £1m in 2021
- focus on five- and six-figure gifts and donations that support the strategic development and growth of the United World Schools to build further schools and expand their global reach
- work closely with senior leadership, trustees and programmes/in country teams to create high quality reports and proposals that support the development of the existing case for support to ensure a sustainable model of fundraising
- explore the potential of developing a giving circle that allows for and promotes donor diversity
The position would best suit:
- a creative and ambitious fundraiser – able to see the bigger picture and grow major donor income through bespoke proposals and relationship management
- a relational fundraiser with demonstrable experience of securing six-figure gifts and donations from face to face asks with individuals/trusts/corporate partnerships
- a great networker with evidence of peer to peer introductions in support of fundraising
- someone with experience of prospect research and developing compelling cases for support
To apply for this role, please click Apply with Charityjob to submit your CV to Naomi Carruthers at QuarterFive Fundraising Recruitment. If your experience is a good fit, we will send you a job description and arrange a briefing call or meeting that will provide you with all the information required to formally apply. QuarterFive aims to proactively support your job search, so we may also consider your details for other job vacancies to enable us to find a position that is most suitable for you.