At a pivotal moment in United World Schools’ history, join us to take our events to the next level. We are developing our bold 2030 strategy to reach more children than ever over the next decade and you can help to make it possible.
We are looking to develop new and innovative events, as well as building on existing success to ensure the greatest amount of funds are raised for United World Schools over the next ten years. This year is special as we bring back our Gala, and secure UK Aid Match for 2022. This is an incredible opportunity to raise our profile and deliver a roster of events that engages with the public. The level of success that Aid Match achieves will have a direct effect on the levels of both income raised, and the volume of new supporters we attract to United World School’s work.
We are looking for an outstanding individual to work with a small, talented team to deliver our key events in 2022. Reporting to the Associate Director of Philanthropy, the Events Manager will take a lead role in the planning and delivery of our Spring Gala 2022. We are looking for someone with sufficient experience who can hit the ground running, with the Gala, but also a portfolio of special and challenge events.
You will be used to working collaboratively and be able to prioritise your workload effectively and remain solution focussed throughout your areas of work. You will also demonstrate the ability to deliver multiple projects, work at pace and resolve problems. You will possess strong communication, networking and interpersonal skills too.
We are looking for someone who is driven and passionate and will work to maximise our income to increase the impact we can have on many out of school children.
Job Title Events Manager Location UWS offices in Vauxhall, London (Flexible working options considered) Job Type 8-10 months maternity cover, full time. Salary £32-35k dependent on skills and experience, plus 4% pension contribution. (For exceptional candidates, there is flexibility) United World Schools is an equal opportunities employer and actively promotes diversity and strongly encourages applications from within Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities and under-represented groups.
Job Title: Events Manager
Location: UWS offices in Vauxhall, London (Flexible working options considered)
Job Type: 8-10 months maternity cover, full time.
Salary: £32-35k dependent on skills and experience, plus 4% pension contribution. (For exceptional candidates, there is flexibility)
United World Schools is an equal opportunities employer and actively promotes diversity and strongly encourages applications from within Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities and under-represented groups.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- ● Support the Fundraising and Partnerships team by developing in partnership both engagement events and fundraising events for our UWS audiences.
- ● You will be developing, organising and delivering the Spring 2022 Gala, enabling United World Schools to maximise the incredible opportunity that the Gala represents.
- ● Help to manage, retain, engage and develop a network of senior volunteers via our Gala committee to support fundraising activities, ensuring they have a clear understanding of the role they can play in contributing towards our 2022 Gala.
- ● Leading on the planning and delivery of a portfolio of fundraising events and challenges for our UK Aid match campaign.
- ● Establishing the annual calendar of events including webinars and other hybrid events to inspire supporters with the mission.
- ● Demonstrating excellent behaviours to drive external engagement, working to a collective department target to meet annual income targets
- ● Leading the financial planning and budget setting for Special Events and reporting monthly on forecasting figures.
- ● With the team, plan and coordinate imaginative promotional activities for each event to include promotional events, media and PR.
- ● Demonstrable experience and knowledge of delivering large scale events
- ● Motivated, solution-focused, confident and well presented
- ● Excellent verbal communication skills, able to build strong relationships and make supporters feel appreciated
- ● Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- ● Ability to keep accurate and up to date records, sharing information as and when appropriate
- ● Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail, with the ability to work across teams, internally and externally, to drive fundraising engagement and coordination.
- ● Good IT skills including using word, excel and familiar with Google Suite
- ● Interest, enthusiasm and empathy with the work of United World Schools.
- ● Experience delivering a Gala or a large special event
- ● Experience of working with Mailchimp
- ● Knowledge of GDPR
- ● Experience working for an international development NGO
UWS is committed to the safeguarding of children and ensuring we recruit safely is central to this commitment. All applicants will be required to undertake a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a CV (max 2 pages) and one page supporting statement to outlining your suitability for the role. Interviews will be held from w/c: 17th January 2022 Due to the urgency of the role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To avoid disappointment, apply as soon as possible.
For any questions about the role, please contact Constance, the Associate Director of People and Culture
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.