United World Schools (UWS) is dedicated to improving the educational opportunities of children living in some of the most remote and marginalised communities around the world. By providing children with a basic education, we are striking at the heart of long term poverty and deprivation – a long game but one we are tackling head on and with ambition and commitment. UWS provides a flexible education model that is simple yet effective in remote regions. The model follows the national curriculum, whilst supporting teachers to implement educational programmes that are appropriate for the contexts in which they are working.
We are an ambitious and growing team based in London and we have a much bigger team delivering our programmes in Cambodia, Myanmar and Nepal. All of our staff are incredibly passionate about what they do, and are committed to going above and beyond for the cause.
Reporting to the UWS Finance and Operations Director you will be critical for the success of the day-to-day operations of the charity. Specifically you will focus on the smooth running of all aspects of the UK office, and on core processes which have an impact on all of the charity’s employees and volunteers. You will be a strong communicator, positive and proactive with a can-do attitude, and will be organised with great attention to detail.
Your core responsibilities will be:
Team Coordination and Support
- To support the Finance and Operations Director with the general day-to-day operations and running of the charity and aspects of governance
- To lead the management of the UK office, including premises and facilities, office resourcing and procurement, insurance, communication and IT systems (Finance, Fundraising and Programmes)
- To support the team in coordinating meetings and conference calls with delivery teams, and making travel arrangements where appropriate, providing some ad hoc administrative support to the CEO/Director team
- To manage the charity’s information account to ensure all correspondence is appropriately actioned
- To support all line managers in the recruitment and induction of new starters, including the liaison with external recruitment providers where appropriate
- To ensure all employment documentation and data (for example new contracts, changes in individual circumstances) is kept up to date and secure
- To ensure all staff policies and procedures are kept up to date, including support with updating / writing new policies as relevant. Also to ensure the staff handbook stays up to date and is accessible for all staff
- To manage processes for setting and reviewing objectives and for requesting and approving annual leave. Also to support the development of personal and professional development of staff where relevant
- To ensure Safeguarding and Health and Safety policies are adhered to and there are procedures in place to maintain the relevant policies. To ensure emergency contact details for all employees are also kept up to date
- To ensure that all employees / volunteers are DBS checked and relevant certification is checked and kept on file
- Ad hoc / other relevant team co-ordination duties as required
- To support the governance of the charity through the general management of Board (Trustee) meetings, in particular supporting the collation of papers for meetings
- To support the Finance and Operations Director in all communication with relevant statutory bodies such as the UK Charity Commission and HMRC
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.