University College London Hospitals Charity (UCLH Charity) is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit a Finance Manager on a permanent, full time basis. UCLH Charity is the main charity associated with University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The charity works to improve patient and staff welfare by providing funding for research, medical equipment and education facilities for the Trust.
UCLH Charity is now seeking a hardworking and versatile Finance Manager who can join the finance team which currently consists of five people. Reporting into the Finance Director you will be responsible for a broad variety of finance tasks and will take ownership of the accounts of four smaller charities.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Oversight of the work of the accounts payable team.
- Management of staff season ticket loans, answering day to day queries and liaison with the UCLH payroll department including carrying out monthly reconciliations.
- Liaison with the Trust regarding invoices relating to grants made by the charity.
- Administration of leaving grants for hospital staff.
- Check payments and sign them off for approval.
- Oversee a high volume of transactions ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Answering any ad hoc queries from fundholders, fundraisers, donors and hospital staff.
- Liaise regularly with the fundraising team.
- The opportunity to assist with budgeting, forecasting and the statutory accounts process.
- Management and statutory accounts for the following: Lymphoma Research Trust, Essex Wynter Charity, Friends of UCLH and Middlesex Hospital Nurses Benevolent Fund.
- Liaising with fundraisers and attending trustees meetings which take place twice a year for the Lymphoma Research Trust.
- Assist the Finance Director with accounting related to a £10m property development project.
UCLH Charity was established as a result of various mergers and restructures over the years, most recently 2000 and 2017.
UCLH Charity funds a wide range of projects to improve and enhance a hospital stay and provides funding for training and education so that staff at UCLH can provide the best possible care, using the latest techniques. The charity also funds new and innovative equipment, improvements to hospital spaces and a wide range of clinical research projects at UCLH, working to translate cutting-edge research and innovation into new and improved treatments for patients.
- Good team player and happy to work in a small team.
- Good knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication skills and sense of customer service.
- Conscientious and with good attention to detail.
- Experience in a small to medium sized organisation.
- Well-organised and able to manage own workload in order to meet deadlines.
Please note previous charity experience is desirable but not essential.
Additional information: This role is likely to appeal to someone recently CCAB qualified and is a good opportunity to learn about charity accounts. Previous incumbents have often used it as a stepping stone to learn the ropes before moving to a more senior role in other charities.
UCLH Charity’s head office is based in Euston and candidates will have the offer of one day a week working from home.
The closing date for applications is 17th August 2021. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our retained search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!