The Senior Fundraiser will work closely with other members of the hospital charity, and will be responsible for developing and delivering the Charity’s in memoriam and legacy giving programme.
The post is suitable for someone with a minimum of 12 months experience in fundraising.
The role will include:
- Create a sustainable legacy pipeline for UHB Charity and to ensure that legacy income increases and continues to be a strong element of our voluntary income.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with those leaving gifts in memory including thank you events for these supporters.
- Be the first point of contact for all enquirers about in memory giving and gifts in wills for all supporters, patients and families.
- Plan, develop and deliver an In-memoriam action plan which will maximise future income
- Organise and execute events to raise awareness about leaving a legacy to the Charity as part of the legacy stewardship plan.
- Act as an ambassador for legacy marketing, ensuring all stakeholders are aware of the importance of legacies to the organisation.
- Develop and implement the ‘Will Month’ campaign and oversee on-going and new relationships with local solicitors and develop materials for them to promote legacy giving to the Charity.
- Devise and manage appropriate donor journeys and accompanying communication plans for legacy pledgers and develop donor profiles to better understand the profile of potential legators.
- Shape, plan and deliver a cross – organisational legacy action plan which will maximise future income.
- Engage in other areas of fundraising where there are opportunities to meet supporters and/or volunteers to help promote legacy giving and build relationships.
- Working alongside the finance team to report on legacy income, pipeline and to liaise with solicitors and executors of estates.
- To work with and deliver clear objectives and key performance indicators.
- To proactively contribute to the achievement of targets and the ongoing fundraising success of the Charity as a whole and to be a supportive, effective and integrated team member.
For full details please download the job description and person specification below.
This is a full time post in the Fundraising Team at University Hospitals Birmingham Charity (‘UHB Charity’), the official NHS Charity for the four hospitals of University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust - Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, Heartlands Hospital, Good Hope Hospital and Solihull Hospital.
The post offers the opportunity for office working at any of our four hospital sites with the opportunity for some home working as suits the job holder and line manager.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.