At the University of Manchester Students' Union, our mission is to be the voice of students at Manchester, effecting change and enriching student life together. Our Education Team are central to this, ensuring that students have a voice and can make impactful change at a course, school and faculty level. We are significantly increasing our resource in this area and are seeking 3 new Education Coordinators to join the team. Each Coordinator will work within a faculty to deliver our representation and education activity within that area.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting Faculty Officers, School Reps & Course Reps within the Faculty with day-to-day representation and change-making activity, including engaging in committee meetings and supporting the delivery of their projects. Ensuring feedback and outcomes of these activities are disseminated to the wider student body
- Supporting the Faculty Association Chair & wider Faculty Association to engage students within the Faculty in student voice and change making activity. Working with the Societies Team to support and develop academic societies within the Faculty
- Fostering good relationships with key Faculty contacts to deliver Faculty-specific engagement activity including Faculty Forums.
- Working as a team of Education Coordinators to deliver cross Faculty activity and engagement opportunities for Reps and Faculty Staff
- General Student Rep administration including attending student-staff meetings, regular communication, updating databases & monitoring engagement, designing & delivering training and conducting elections
- Supporting the delivery of cross-Faculty education activity including the Alternative Lecture Series & Education Awards.
- Working in collaboration with other teams across the Students’ Union to deliver cross-Union projects, for example our start of year activity and elections, and ensuring a cohesive approach to student engagement
- Guiding and supervising the work of Education Student staff to support the smooth running of the student representative programme
We offer a great range of benefits too! You'll get 30 days of annual leave, an employer pension contribution up to 8%, enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption pay, needs-based compassionate leave, travel loan scheme, staff discounts, free tickets to Manchester Academy gigs, access to an Employee Assistance Programme and access to our learning platform!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.