Are you people focused, have good organisational skills and have experience of working in an admin based role? We are looking for a HR Admin Assistant to join our team and assist in supporting the HR function of the Students’ Union assisting both our permanent employees and student employee workforce
This role will be varied and support will be available. As well as this you will have access to lots of great benefits that the Students’ Union has to offer as well as being a part of one of the UK’s largest Students’ Unions.
The majority of your working day will be office/desk based in the Students’ Union or at home working directly with permanent and casual staff. Your day may include responding to HR queries, completing right to work checks in person or online, ensuring HR databases are up to date, processing new starters and leavers. There may also some requirement to work with the JobShop team helping posting new jobs, adding and creating content for our LMS system
What you'll be doing
- To maintain accurate HR records containing all employment-related information including absence, holidays, starters and leavers, benefits and equality and diversity.
- JobShop: Where required, post new jobs, and advertise roles on the correct sites and schedule interviews/assessment centre.
- On boarding new staff and completing Right to Work checks.
- To be compliant with law, and make sure that our practises are up to date with any legal changes that come into place
- To produce contracts of employment, letters and other correspondence for employees and external bodies as required.
- To handle enquiries to the HR team promptly and accurately, signposting as appropriate
- To support the HR Manager to embed HR policies and procedures across the organisation, advising managers and staff accordingly.
- Carrying out Access to Work requests
- Work closely with Finance to ensure that payroll information is processed accurately and in a timely manner
We offer a great range of benefits too! You'll get 30 days of annual leave, an employer pension contribution up to 8%, enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption pay, needs-based compassionate leave, travel loan scheme, staff discounts, free tickets to Manchester Academy gigs, access to an Employee Assistance Programme and access to our learning platform!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.