The post-holder will be required to deliver effective administerial support to the charity's Board of Trustees, the trading company's Board of Directors, the charity's Leadership Team, as well as providing admin support to a number of internal meetings. The post-holder will also hold an important role, being responsible for our main reception function. We require a organised individual who is capable of empowering decision-makers via effective organisation-wide support.
- To provide administration for Trustee Board meetings and subcommittee meetings, including organising Outlook meetings, preparing agendas, liaising with managers and trustees, booking rooms, taking minutes and preparing formal minutes
- To be knowledgeable on the quoracy of all Union meetings and to monitor and advise as necessary
- To maintain a record of membership of the Board, to be reported to Governance and Appointments Committee
- To support the HR Advisor when recruiting new Trustees
- Work with the Democracy Coordinator to ensure that the governing documents of the organisation are up to date and appropriately accessible to our members via the organisation’s website.
- To perform administration duties that ensure the Union meets its statutory requirements with Companies House and Charities Commission, including updating the Charity Commission website
- To provide relevant information to the Website-Development Coordinator regarding the content of SU governance webpages
- To be knowledgeable of the UNSU Constitution and Bye-Laws, as they apply to this post, including any legal requirements
- To provide general administrative support to the organisation’s Leadership Team
- To provide a minute taking facility for senior staff meetings
- To coordinate the internal/University meeting procedures in terms of circulating agenda, papers and minutes and assisting with diary management
- Ensure a robust system is in place for follow up of agreed action points from meetings
- Provide an administrative support service for any major project activity the SU may undertake E.g. Quality SU’s
- Supervise a small team of student staff who will be the front-face of our organisation with regards to any enquiries received at our reception desk, via social media or to our general enquiries e-mail
- Train and support that students staff team to:
- Be proactive in developing knowledge of the organisation’s operation, and therefore allowing for a more knowledgeable and effective front-of-house for the organisation via the reception desk, enquiries e-mail and for social media enquiries.
- Be responsible for general office duties ie: Receipt and distribution of post, lost property, efficient message taking, stationery stock control & ordering,
- Provide administrative support to members of staff at the Union where required, particularly in supporting the wider Student Engagement team
- Be responsible for issuing of NUS Extra cards
- Bursary scheme- Maintain shared database of eligible students’. Log all vouchers collected. Liaise with UoN staff weekly on progress of collection.
- Manage all enquiries from emails or in person for room bookings at the Engine Shed. Maintain a shared calendar with other staff to enable bookings. Liaise with appropriate staff of all aspects of the booking including Catering requirements, IT/AV requests and furniture layouts. Organise car parking. Complete follow up paperwork from bookers.
- Publish a weekly events calendar to inform all Engine Shed staff and UoN Security staff of events including any necessary room changes for staff working areas.
- The post-holder should ensure that the reception is staffed between 10am and 4pm each day during term-time, and between 10am-2pm out of term time.
- GCSE English Language and Maths at Grade C.
- Significant experience (ideally +2years) of working in an office environment
- Practical experience of working in customer service environment and the ability to recognise excellent service standards
- Experience of diary management for senior staff
- Experience of supporting senior managers and coordinating meeting events
- Understands the need to be able to handle information of a confidential nature
- Excellent IT skills i.e. Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experienced at producing accurate meeting minutes
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Ability to keep web pages up to date with internal meeting minutes
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of charity governance and structures
- An understanding of Students’ Unions and their democratic processes and procedures
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.