This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified financial accountant with aspirations to become the Finance Controller of a large organisation.
The Senior Financial Accountant role will offer oversight and understanding of a large and complex university (£130m+ T/O) and you will be given valuable support in developing. The University of Roehampton was ranked ‘best modern university in London’ in recent years and boasts a vibrant and welcoming community. The University is an equal opportunity and ‘disability confident’ employer; and is a place where students thrive, whatever their background. Despite the challenging global context, this is an exciting time for the University, having opened a new £35m state-of-the art library and further developing external global partnerships.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Finance and leading a team of 5, you will be responsible for delivering Financial Accounting services for the University and its subsidiaries - making sure that compliance with the University’s accounting policies and accounting standards is maintained. As a key member of the Finance team – you will be driving continuous improvement in the month end reporting processes and handling complex technical financial accounting issues.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA) with strong post qualification and relevant financial accounting experience
- Higher Education sector experience is highly desirable, but also wider not for profit/public sector work is also helpful
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong IT skills, including Excel.
- Strong management skills, with excellent written & verbal communications skills.
Ivy Rock Partners have been engaged on an exclusive basis to recruit this role – for more information and to request the candidate pack, please contact Michael Quest at Ivy Rock Partners Directly or apply via this advert.
- Sunday 14th June - Application deadline
- Week commencing 22nd June- 1st stage Interviews
- Week commencing 29th June- 2nd stage Interviews