About Our Client
The University of West London is ranked as the top modern university (formed post 1992) in London, 8th modern university in the UK and 56th university nationally by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
98% of graduates are in employment or further study within six months of graduation (HESA 2018) and they achieve the second highest starting salaries of all the London modern universities.
The university has an ambitious 5 year growth plan and as a result they are looking to hire the right skill set into the finance function with an ability to see commercial opportunity and impact on the bottom line of their revenue streams as well as delivering fantastic financial management and reporting on a regular basis.
- Plan, develop and report on University enterprise income entities.
- Provide financial stewardship and advice to designated Heads of School and Corporate Services
- Actively work on the business planning process and ensure that the plans are consistent with the strategic objectives of the designated Schools and Corporate Services.
- Work with the Heads of School, lead on the preparation of budgets (including liaison with the Head of Information and Planning) by factoring student numbers into financial forecasts and supporting an appropriate allocation of staff and non-staff resources.
- Monitor performance against appropriate KPIs and ensure that this data is effectively reported across the Schools.
- Ensure a full course costing analysis is in place and that all new courses are assessed against approved business cases.
- Produce monthly management accounts for designated Schools & Corporate Services and ensure that the Heads of School understand financial outturn and forecasts.
- Report on the financial performance of the designated Schools & Corporate Services along with associated risks and opportunities.
- Support the Deputy Chief Financial Officer to produce monthly management accounts for the University.
- Support designated Schools in identifying new income sources, opportunities to increase existing income lines and efficiency savings.
- Manage designated Schools' enterprise income reporting and assist in their bids for research income.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA) and have been working in accountancy practice. You will have an excellent understanding of technical finance as well as clear examples where you have shown initiative and problem solving skills. Attention to detail is essential, as is the ability to liaise effectively with finance and non-finance stakeholders at all levels.
What's on Offer
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and close down over the Christmas period
- Opportunity to study a part time course free of charge
- Generous pension with employer contribution exceeding employee contributions
All applications will be reviewed by Joe Harris from Michael Page.
More information can be found on UWL on the Michael Page UWL profile.
Ref Code: MPCY14044218Z