Unseen is a unique and ambitious organisation working towards a world without slavery. We seek to do this through supporting, educating and influencing others. We provide safe houses and support in the community for survivors of trafficking and modern slavery. We also run the UK-wide Modern Slavery & Exploitation Helpline and work with individuals, communities, businesses, governments, other charities and statutory agencies to stamp out slavery for good.
We are looking for a creative and determined fundraiser who can lead Unseen’s Individual Giving programme and support other areas of fundraising. The Fundraising Officer will plan and implement a variety of acquisition and retention activities including appeals and stewardship and provide support to Corporate fundraising in the form of organising employee engagement activities and payroll giving.
The Fundraising Officer will work closely with the Digital and Direct Marketing Officer to create and implement compelling and emotive campaigns which motivate individuals to donate. You’ll be familiar with and comfortable using social media, email software and CRM systems and your outputs will always be creative, high-quality and inspiring.
The Fundraising Officer will primarily:
- Lead Unseen’s Individual Giving Programme working to bring in new donors and maximise the money we raise from our existing donors
- Deliver a variety of acquisition and retention activities – including appeals (social media, direct mail and email), and stewardship (production of our supporter magazine – Unseen In Focus)
- Support corporate fundraising activities such as organizing employee engagement activities and payroll giving
- Support the wider fundraising team with tasks such as generating and creating content and in-formation for bid applications and reporting.
The Fundraising Officer will report to the Fundraising Manager, and will be working within a friendly and dedicated fundraising team of 6 people.
We offer a friendly, supportive work environment, generous staff wellbeing and training programme, and flexible hybrid working.
A comprehensive job pack with more details about the role, a full job description and person specification is available from our website.
- Please complete Unseen’s application form for the role, which can be found on our website. This includes a personal statement of 500 words outlining your suitability for the role, some personal details and equal opportunities questions, and;
- Please send a copy of your CV to us.
Please note: The only information from your application that will be shared with the hiring manager is your personal statement and CV.
The closing date for this role is 31 July 2022. Interviews will likely be held in early August.
As an organisation focused on equality and diversity, we welcome applications from all sections of the community we serve including those with lived experience of modern slavery, those with diverse backgrounds, cultures, and religion, people of colour, those with disabilities and those from the LGBTQ+ community.
Any queries, please contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.