Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Location: Our main office is Larcom House, 9 Larcom Street, London, SE17 1RX, although a lot of our work is in Brent, travel will be required. There will also be opportunities for some home working.
Manager: This role will report to the CEO
We are recruiting for a Director of Development and Young People’s Services to join our Senior Management Team. This is a new role, reporting to the CEO, and is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on the overall strategy, performance, growth, and impact of UP.
We are looking for someone with a dual skillset, with experience of successfully managing young people’s services and with a track record of completing bids and developing new services.
The role will work in partnership with the CEO and other colleagues to help UP explore opportunities for growth and co-produce service models and partnerships for tenders, as well as managing all aspects of the tender process.
The successful candidate will have experience of delivering business development activity, promoting effective partnership working, and of working with commissioners, including production of high quality monitoring reports.
They will drive innovation and support the effective delivery of UP’s objectives and continuous improvement of our services for children and young people. They will also have excellent people management skills, be committed to the values of co-production, and be confident in working in collaboration with the young people we support.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a varied role that they can make their own and which allows them to make a real difference to the lives of children and young people.
Please visit our website to view the job description and Person Specification or for further information.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in, we would love to hear from you!
- For an initial discussion about the role or for further information please contact our CEO: Bernadette Keane.
- Please make your application by submitting your CV along with a supporting statement which clearly demonstrates how you meet the person specification criteria via our website; (we will be reviewing shortlisted candidates closely against the person specification)
- Closing date: Monday 2nd November at 10am
- Interviews will take place on: 9th November 2020, either via zoom or in person at our main office: Larcom House, Larcom Street, London, SE17 1RX
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All roles are subject to safer recruitment practices, and this position will require an Enhanced Disclosure with Barred List check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Our children and families and staff come from a wide range of backgrounds and we value the unique contribution that each individual can bring to UP. We strongly believe that a diverse and inclusive team is vital to our work, and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We are especially interested in hearing from individuals who are Black, Asian or from a minority ethnic background
- If you require any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the application process, please contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.