Do you think that your socio-economic background should determine your career prospects? upReach’s vision is of a society in which everybody has an equal opportunity to realise their full career potential. They help young people from less-advantaged backgrounds achieve their career potential by providing an intensive programme of support that addresses socio-economic barriers to graduate employment.
upReach are an award-winning charity employer working in partnership with employers and universities. Building on the success of the past five years, upReach’s current partners include Allen & Overy, Bank of America, the Civil Service Fast Stream, Deloitte and Slaughter and May. They also partner with universities including Exeter, King’s College London, Liverpool, Warwick and Manchester.
They are seeking a Director of Fundraising & Development who can support them to diversify income and contribute to the growth of the charity through strategic oversight of partnerships & fundraising.
About the role
The individual will be responsible for developing strategies, business plans, and proposals to increase funding streams and secure new partnerships. This role would suit individuals with experience in business development and fundraising. As a member of the Senior Leadership team you will be responsible for the development and implementation of an effective business development and income generation strategy, across a range of different sources.
Reporting to the CEO, this critical role will ensure the charity has a clear fundraising and business development strategy in place. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate leadership skills, build relationships at all levels, and demonstrate a strong track record of developing high quality, successful proposals and leading on the generation of new six-figure income streams.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic oversight and leading the development and implementation of an income and fundraising strategy that underpins strategic goals to grow the charity in a sustainable manner across a diverse range of streams.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with major donors, high profile supporters, trusts, foundations, companies, and universities.
- Developing and implementing an effective business development and income generation strategy for specific upReach products and solutions.
- Developing high quality business plans and proposals to engage a range of organisations, showcasing the ways in which they can support and work with upReach (including overseeing the commercialisation of our unique contextualisation platform, used by a growing list of employers).
- Providing strategic oversight, management and guidance to the Fundraising and Partnerships Teams.
- Proving support, direction, leadership and management for other staff as required.
This position would be suited to individuals who are committed to upReach’s mission. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about social-mobility and believe that background should not be a barrier to graduate employment.
To be successful it is anticipated that you would have demonstrable experience of working in senior business development and/or fundraising positions, and be able to demonstrate leadership skills and a strong track record of developing high quality, successful proposals.
Please find further details by following the link