Mental Health Skills Trainer/Coach (VOLUNTEER)
Help us create ‘URBAN YOUTH’ by getting involved during our early stages of the start-up phase where you will be making a difference building a unique young people’s charity that transforms the lives of young Londoners.
About Urban Youth:
We are a start-up young people’s charity that are passionate about helping disadvantaged young Londoners to transform their lives and to succeed in life. Our aim is to accompany young people through adolescence, while helping them to reach their full potential, grow up healthy, be part of society and be prepared for their future. We want young people to achieve their dreams but if they don't, we want them to be able to reflect positively on what's happened and learn from it.
We will do this by providing a range of fun, interactive and structured programmes, training workshops and events, where young people will have access to positive motivational and inspirational role models to help them develop their self-confidence and belief in themselves and help divert young people who feel their only choice is to enter into the wrong types of crowds, especially when they take a wrong turn or feel they have nowhere else to turn. We will guide and support young people and show them that there is a different path.
Our aim is to initially provide programmes in the following key 4 areas and then later add in new programmes based on the needs and aspirations of young people accessing our services, as well as those across London.
The 4 key areas include:
- Youth Leadership Programme
- Youth Employability Skills Programme
- Youth Life Skills Programme
- Youth Mental Health Skills Programme
Can you help? – The VOLUNTEER Role
- Role: Mental Health Skills Trainer/Coach (VOLUNTEER)
- Hours: Up to 8 hours per week
- Location: Home Based (with programme and charity activities in the inner London area)
What would I be doing?
- Leading on the success of our mental health skills programme at Urban Youth, that will give young people the skills, tools and techniques to look after their own mental health, including how to deal with stress and anxiety, mindfulness, where to go to get the help and support and much more.
- Leading on the set up, planning and creation of the Mental Health Skills Programme at Urban Youth, and then coordinating the programme, including facilitating sessions with young people, sourcing guest trainers and speakers to ensure that the programme is inspirational, motivational and aspirational to young Londoners.
- To record statistical data and gather evidence of impact made during the programme and report this back to funders and key stakeholders.
- Leading, motivating, and coaching volunteers supporting you on the programme to bring the best out of them and ensure they are actively participating in the programme at Urban Youth.
- Networking and building an exceptional reputation for the charity.
- Assist in writing grant/funding applications and ensuring the programme has all the funds and resources it needs to carry out its impactful work.
- As a small charity with no paid staff getting hands on and helping where needed, while being mindful of your role as Mental Health Skills Trainer/Coach.
- Other duties as required of the Mental Health Skills Trainer/Coach.
What is Urban Youth looking for?
- Previous experience in mental health skills development is essential.
- Previous experience working with young people or running a similar programme is desirable but not essential.
- Passionate about working with young people and transforming the lives of young Londoners.
- Putting young people front and centre of everything the charity does.
- Exceptional organisational and multi-tasking skills, as well as presentation, and communication skills and able to foster relationships with stakeholders at different levels and backgrounds and be an amazing spokesperson for the charity.
- Non-Judgemental, professional, collaborative, problem solver and good project management mindset, as well as facilitator and trainer skills.
- Minimum 6-8 months commitment to the role (more if you can give) for up to 8 hours per week.
What are the benefits volunteering with Urban Youth?
- The opportunity to influence the lives of young Londoners and help transform young lives.
- Make a difference and a chance to give back to the local community and help others.
- Personal development opportunities, training and learning new skills.
- On the job, hands on experience, gaining experience working with a diverse cohort of people in a start-up young peoples’ charity.
- A credible reference to enhance your CV and future career prospects.
- Have fun, meet new people, make friends and be part of something exciting.
- Being part of a reputable growing and truly inspirational young people’s charity.
Sound Good? How do you sign up?
Contact us for a short Application Form.
INSPIRING YOUNG LONDON
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.