Office Manager (VOLUNTEER)
Help us create ‘URBAN YOUTH’ by getting involved during our early stages of the start-up phase where you will be making a difference building a unique young people’s education charity that transforms the lives of young Londoners by increasing their skills, resilience and giving them the opportunities and experiences to make positive change.
About Urban Youth
We are a start-up young people’s charity that are passionate about helping disadvantaged young Londoners to transform their lives and to succeed in life. Our aim is to accompany young people through adolescence, while helping them to reach their full potential, grow up healthy, be part of society and be prepared for their future. We want young people to achieve their dreams but if they don't, we want them to be able to reflect positively on what's happened and learn from it.
We will do this by providing a range of fun, interactive and structured programmes, training workshops and events, where young people will have access to positive motivational and inspirational role models to help them develop their self-confidence and belief in themselves, increase their skills and resilience and help divert young people who feel their only path is to enter into the wrong types of crowds, especially when they take a wrong turn or feel they have nowhere else to turn. We will guide and support young people and show them that there is a different direction.
Our aim is to initially provide programmes in the following 4 key areas and then later add in new programmes based on the needs and aspirations of young people accessing our services, as well as those across London.
The 4 key areas include:
- Leadership Skills Programme
- Employability Skills Programme
- Life Skills Programme
- Mental Health Skills Programme
All of our programmes will involve confidence building and self-esteem, as well as building resilience and nurturing young people to be the best of themselves.
Can you help? – The VOLUNTEER Role
- Role: Office Manager (VOLUNTEER)
- Hours: Up to 8 hours per week
- Location: London (with home-based working outside of meeting and key charity activities)
What would I be doing?
- Leading on the success of the office management and administrative and facilities management aspects at Urban Youth, including the set-up, layout and organisation of an office base once we are in a position to fund this.
- Leading on the set up and creation of office and administrative systems and processes, including filing systems and ensuring a well-kept records system, while overseeing their management and ensuring that all administrative and office support functions are of a high standard and meet the requirements of the charity.
- Leading, motivating, and coaching our Volunteer admin staff team to bring the best out of them and ensure they are actively participating in the administrative duties at Urban Youth.
- Providing assistance and support to the CEO and Senior Leadership Team, while providing overall support across all teams at Urban Youth, to ensure the smooth and effective running of the charity.
- As a small charity with no paid staff getting hands on and helping where needed, while being mindful of your role as Office Manager.
- Other duties as required of the Office Manager.
What is Urban Youth looking for?
- Previous office management experience is desirable but not essential.
- Very organised, attention to detail and self-motivated is required.
- Passionate about working with young people and transforming the lives of young Londoners.
- Putting young people front and centre of everything the charity does.
- A well-rounded leader with exceptional leadership, presentation, and communication skills and able to foster relationships with stakeholders at different levels and backgrounds and be an amazing spokesperson for the charity.
- Non-Judgemental, professional, collaborative, problem solver and good strategic mindset, as well as operational management skills.
- Minimum 8-12 months commitment to the role (more if you can give) for up to 8 hours per week.
What are the benefits volunteering with Urban Youth?
- The opportunity to influence the lives of young Londoners and help transform young lives.
- Make a difference and a chance to give back to the local community and help others.
- Personal development opportunities, training and learning new skills.
- On the job, hands on experience, gaining experience working with a diverse cohort of people in a start-up young peoples’ charity.
- A credible reference to enhance your CV and future career prospects.
- Have fun, meet new people, make friends and be part of something exciting.
- Being part of a reputable growing and truly inspirational young people’s charity.
INSPIRING YOUNG LONDON
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.