VOLUNTEER VOLUNTEER VOLUNTEER VOLUNTEER
Help us create ‘URBAN YOUTH’ by getting involved during our early stages of the start-up phase where you will be making a difference, building a unique young people’s charity that transforms the lives of young Londoners.
About Urban Youth
We are a start-up young people’s charity that are passionate about helping disadvantaged young Londoners to transform their lives and to succeed in life. Our aim is to accompany young people through adolescence, while helping them to reach their full potential, grow up healthy, be part of society and be prepared for their future. We want young people to achieve their dreams but if they don't, we want them to be able to reflect positively on what's happened and learn from it.
We will do this by providing a range of fun, interactive and structured programmes, training workshops and events, where young people will have access to positive motivational and inspirational role models to help them develop their self-confidence and belief in themselves and help divert young people who feel their only choice is to enter into the wrong types of crowds, especially when they take a wrong turn or feel they have nowhere else to turn. We will guide and support young people and show them that there is a different path.
Our aim is to initially provide programmes in the following key 4 areas and then later add in new programmes based on the needs and aspirations of young Londoners accessing our services, as well as young people across London.
The 4 key areas include:
- Leadership Skills Programme
- Employability Skills Programme
- Life Skills Programme
- Mental Health Skills Programme
Can you help? – The VOLUNTEER Role
We are seeking volunteers either home based or in London who can help us create a unique young people’s charity and has skills, expertise, experience, or connections that would help transform the lives of young Londoners. As you will be bringing in your expertise the piece of work you will be doing will be flexible to fit around your availability, as long as that means you meet the deadline you set and agree.
What would I be doing?
This is initially up to you! What do you want to help us with? What difference and change do you want to make? What experience, skills and expertise can you bring to the charity?
What is Urban Youth looking for?
- Someone who will add value.
- Someone who is proactive and can get on without having to be chased or asked for updates.
- Someone who has the skills, expertise, or experience in their particular area they are supporting us with.
- Someone who is passionate about transforming the lives of young Londoners, even if you are not directly involved in delivering that change.
- Someone who is non-Judgemental, professional, collaborative, problem solver and good project management mindset.
- Someone who knows how they can use their experience, skills and expertise to help us, rather than just list your skills for us to ask for help in. (We are volunteers too and anything that can ensure our time isn’t wasted and is focused on the areas we need to ensure we make the best use of our limited time for the benefit Urban Youth and young Londoners.)
What are the benefits volunteering with Urban Youth?
- The opportunity to influence the lives of young Londoners and help transform young lives.
- Make a difference and a chance to give back to the local community and help others.
- On the job, hands on experience, gaining experience working with a diverse cohort of people in a start-up young peoples’ charity.
- A credible reference to enhance your CV and future career prospects.
- Have fun, meet new people, make friends and be part of something exciting.
- Being part of a reputable growing and truly inspirational young people’s charity.
Sound Good? How do you sign up?
Reply with your CV and tell us how you would like to help or how you could add value to Urban Youth and what we are trying to achieve!!!
INSPIRING YOUNG LONDON
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.