Urban Youth is a new not-for-profit youth organisation that will be providing positive and engaging one off and short term youth work activities, programmes and events, enabling us to build a community of young people and give them the safe space, experiences and opportunities they need to learn, grow and discover themselves and the world around them with positive role models by their side to help guide and nurture them and help them live their lives to the max.
Urban Youth has been set up due to the effects of the pandemic on young people, with young people telling us that loneliness, social isolation, family breakdowns, mental wellbeing and loss of confidence being key ingredients to young people’s feeling a sense of loss and hopelessness.
At Urban Youth we will be providing structured positive activities that bring young people together, building that sense of community, while providing a nurturing, guidance and positive role models to help young people grow and thrive.
We are looking for a group of young people to be the face and voice of Urban Youth and to help us set up, shape and develop our new youth organisation in London.
What we need from you!
- Turn up to monthly meet ups on time.
- Be full of ideas, suggestions and able to help us put these into practice.
- Help us plan and organise activities and events for young people and the community.
- Support us in recruiting and inducting volunteers.
- Help us create vids and social media posts to tell our story and help us create a buzz about UY.
- Get involved in fundraising and help us generate income for UY.
- Be a voice and face for Urban Youth on our publicity, at events and meetings.
- Help us realise our dreams and aspirations.
- Help us be youth-led.
What you will get from us?
- A reference after 6 months volunteering.
- An induction into UY.
- An opportunity to get involved and help set up and support a new youth organisation.
- Experience in a charitable youth organisation.
- Much, much more.
If this sounds like you and you feel you would be the perfect fit here with us, then please get in touch and tell us, so we can send you a short registration form and get an opportunity to chat with you about the role.
Join Our Amazing Team
Get Involved I Make A Difference I Join Our Community