We are looking for a professional fundraiser, with a proven successful track record, to lead on the development of a new fundraising strategy.
Who are we?
The Urostomy Association was founded in 1971 and is now a charitable limited company with over 2,000 members. We provide support, information and advocacy for people with or about to have a urinary diversion, as well as supporting their families and carers. There are over 10,000 people in the UK with a urostomy, the majority of these have had their bladder removed due to bladder cancer and with support many will resume a full and active life. The Association has a full time CEO supported by a part time administrative assistant.
The Urostomy Association is led by a Board of Trustees and Directors who are responsible for the overall governance, financial oversight and strategic leadership. We are recruiting for a part-time Fundraising Officer to work alongside the CEO.
- You will manage our grant applications, and develop and handle national fundraising campaigns and events.
- You will work closely with our local volunteers, by supporting them in their community fundraising activities.
- You will enjoy working from home, but you will have the benefit of ample support from the Chief Executive Officer and other Trustees.
Salary up to £30,000 per annum, pro-rata for 3 days per week
Matching up to 3% contributory pension scheme
Laptop and mobile phone
Reimbursed reasonable business expenses
20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays per annum pro -rata
- You will have proven charity sector funding experience, with a good understanding of relevant legislation and experience of diverse fundraising practices.
- Committed to our vision and values, you will be enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivated, creative and able to build effective long-lasting relationships with our key supporters.
- Working on your own initiative you will have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and able to manage a demanding workload whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- You must have your own transport, and be prepared to travel the UK to attend and assist at events.
(We reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.