Salary / Days of work
£20,000 pro rata. 16 Hours per week
Approx. £8,550 Gross pa. Plus, travel expenses.
2-year fixed term contract; possible extension if funded.
Place of work
Based Lemington Community Centre, & work throughout the northeast region.
Useful Vision Team Leader
Main Purpose of the Job
Support the team with the delivery of accessible activities for visually impaired children. Write, edit, co-ordinate and publish marketing content across various channels. Plan and implement communications and marketing campaigns raising awareness and funds.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Accessible Activities & Information
- Support the Activities Coordinator, running activities for visually impaired children.
- Listen and learn from families – use information appropriately in marketing and team feedback.
- Photography for marketing, in line with safeguarding policies.
- Evaluate the need for information support and research resources to share with families and staff.
- Social media marketing - developing a distinct online presence, attracting high numbers of followers via; Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn. Including accessible notations.
- Manage and update UV website content. Including using and storing photographs appropriately.
- Research online media opportunities – blogs etc. Share appropriate information with parents and carers.
- To key groups; Press, funders, staff, volunteers & UV families.
- Produce, edit and distribute materials, dealing sensitively with those whose personal experiences might be featured.
- Provide creative, and editorial support for projects; report on progress, reviewing material based on feedback.
- Attend information days, and events as required to recruit volunteers, register families and share information.
- Boost & sustain our fundraising success; corporate sponsorship, grants, donations.
- Field enquiries from stakeholders; journalists, politicians & service users.
- Create press releases identifying newsworthy content from our activities.
- Build relationships with journalists to promote the charity and its work.
- Work sensitively with families to tell their stories in an appropriate way.
- Act as a brand champion; Ensure consistent branding across the charity, working with colleagues.
- Help maintain and build reputation.
- Maintain library system for press cuttings, monitor cuttings and report.
- Learn and adhere to all Useful Vision policies, including Safeguarding, Health and Safety & Equality & Diversity.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Comprehensive IT skills as required for the post.
- Good knowledge of GDPR
- Must be able to work a minimum of 1 weekend day a month, occasional after school hours, and evenings.
- Excellent organisational skills, working to deadlines and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to record, monitor and evaluate your work.
- Good creative design skills.
- Competent Photographer.
- Relevant Degree or equivalent education or work experience.
- Experience of working with disabled people.
- Full Driving licence or ability to travel around the region independently.
- Proven track record in a PR or marketing role, understanding corporate branding.
- Experience of working in Print or Media broadcast
- Experience of the needs of disabled children
- Experience of the needs of visually impaired people.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
CLOSING DATE 19 November 2021
Send a CV and a covering letter to Rebecca Wilson.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.