London (regional travel required)
User Voice is the UK’s leading ex-offender led charity, committed to making the criminal justice system work by giving people in prison and on probation a voice. Founded in 2009, User Voice has grown significantly, with 5 regional offices, 60 plus staff, the delivery of 40 contracts and an income of over £1.5 million.
Our Founder is an inspirational leader committed to the Charities mission and driven to build upon the charities success, he is seeking an experienced individual to take the operational reigns and bring the overall vision to life. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring we deliver on these growth aspirations and continue to establish exceptional services.
The Director of Operations will hold the primary responsibility of leading User Voice’s day-to-day operations in accordance with the values, strategic plan and operating budgets. This is a fast paced, evolving environment which will require tenacity and determination to lead.
The successful candidate will hold the demonstrable ability and experience to:
- Define, monitor and amend the User Voice operating model to enable the successful operationalisation of the Founder’s Strategic Vision
- Define clear objectives, goals, strategies and measures to support the Board and the leadership focus activities across the business both for short term performance and long term growth
- Define leadership processes, policies and procedures which are fit for purpose
- Lead the operations of User Voice and manage the performance of the Regional Managers and the Support Team Managers (Finance, HR, Operations, Evaluation and Learning and Development)
- Enable a culture that is in line with the ethos and values of User Voice, promoting collaboration, responsibility and ensuring individuals are focused on enabling the service user
User Voice is not only a successful charity, but is genuinely committed to paving the way within the sector to make the criminal justice system work for everyone. User Voice is determined to ignite positive change for institutions, individuals and the overall agenda by putting users at the heart of our purpose.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to lead a unique and varied operational team, and impact upon the wider business. We have the resources and ambition to achieve our mission, we need the right leader to help steer our path to get there.
If you think you have the right skills and the drive to succeed in this exciting senior role, then please get in touch with our recruitment partners (Holly Kennedy at Badenoch and Clark) to request the job description.