We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Treasurer to join our Board at a pivotal time in our development. We have a new Senior Management Team in place who are responsible for developing and expanding our operations.
User Voice’s core belief is that rehabilitation only happens when everyone in the criminal justice system shares responsibility for transforming the ‘us vs. them’ division into real collaboration.
We believe in transformation powered by experience, and are committed to making the criminal justice system work for everyone. We believe that with the right opportunity, encouragement and support everybody can change. Only offenders can stop re-offending…
You will maintain an overview of our financial affairs, helping to ensure our financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. Along with the other Trustees you will be helping ensure that we can continue to provide opportunities, encouragement and support to service users.
- To assist the strategic development of User Voice and provide financial oversight.
- Oversee the production of management accounts
- Lead the Board’s duty to ensure proper accounting records are kept; financial resources are controlled, invested and economically spent in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- To chair Finance Committee meetings
- A commitment to the values of User Voice.
- Financial qualifications with proven commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Strategic vision and good, independent judgement.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Able to attend Board Meeting and chair the Finance Committee Meetings every 2 months and to be able to provide financial support and advice to the Chair and Senior Management Team if required.
- Ability to work effectively as a team.
For further information contact our HR Manager Derek Sweeney