USPG is developing a new organisational strategy in which this role is central. We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic individual with great people skills to implement the new strategy with churches, theological institutions and church leaders in Britain and Ireland working through and with a growing network of USPG volunteers. USPG is building lasting relationships with the training institutes and programmes for clergy and lay leaders of the Anglican Churches of Britain and Ireland, as is seeking to grow and develop our offering, bringing global mission into the heart of local mission. You will be theologically literate, confident in a range of educational and volunteering settings, and enjoy engagement in a broad range of educational and facilitating settings.
- To develop the Volunteering Strategy of USPG in order to support the growth of Church Engagement in Britain and Ireland.
- To work strategically with colleagues to ensure that volunteers are recruited, trained, resourced and deployed effectively.
- To work closely with and support the Fundraising Manager as they manage the development of mass appeals and church fundraising products ensuring that churches and volunteers have the resources to engage with USPG and fundraise effectively.
- To co-ordinate USPG’s engagement with theological education in order to raise the profile of global mission, and particularly USPG, with ordinands and trainee lay ministers, curates and new licensed lay ministers.
USPG is looking for someone who is
- Theologically literate and articulate, able to communicate and inspire a wide range of church audiences.
- A strategic thinker and team player who can help USPG deepen our engagement with the Churches of Britain and Ireland
- Has an ability to recruit, motivate, direct and deploy volunteers to support the mission of USPG
- A Christian with a knowledge of the Anglican Communion.
This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Applications must be recieved by 9am on Friday 24 July 2020, using our application form, CVs will not be accepted.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 30 and Friday 31 July 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.