Would you like to help a charity that supports volunteers like you? ValueYou is looking for local Volunteer Champions to help run our volunteer recognition scheme in your borough. ValueYou provides volunteers who have done 100hrs of voluntary activity with a discount card that can be used in independent businesses. We currently run the scheme in 16 boroughs across London, and we’re looking for 1-2 Volunteer Champions in each borough who can help us keep the scheme going.
What will it involve?
- Business recruitment: visiting local independent, high street stores to see if they they would offer a discount (and an optional gift) to ValueYou card holders.
- Contacting charities: identifying local charities whose volunteers aren’t signed up and contacting the Volunteer Managers, encouraging them to promote the scheme to their volunteers.
- Business check-in: checking in with participating businesses to see how they’re getting on & if they’re still running the scheme.
- Sending e-newsletters (Optional): sending out a monthly email to members in your borough, with local discounts & offers, keeping them updated with any new developments
Who will suit the role?
We’re ideally looking for people who are already ValueYou members or have some awareness of the scheme, but this isn't essential! You will need to be:
- Independent: You will get lots of support to deliver your role, but as we’re a very small charity, with a very small team, you’ll need to be confident in getting on with the tasks on your own.
- A good communicator: The role involves dealing with lots of different people, from small business owners to charity professionals. You’ll need to be able to adapt your communication style and manage these different relationships.
- Organised: Promoting the scheme involves a varied taskload. You’ll have to be able to stay on top of what you’re doing and plan effectively.
- Enthusiastic: Champion is in the name! To promote the scheme well and build good relationships, it’s key that you’re passionate about volunteering and can show this to others.
As a volunteer recognition charity, we’re committed to supporting our own volunteers and making sure that your experience with us is both useful and rewarding. We will offer you:
What will you get in return?
- Full induction training on recruiting businesses, contacting charities and how to represent ValueYou. You’ll be supported throughout your experience with regular check-ins.
- Reimbursement for expenses for travel, phone call & any other reasonable costs incurred.
- Flexibility. We will try to tailor your role to your skillset, motivations and development goals, so it’s a good fit for you.
- Responsibility & control. Helping to run the scheme in your borough will mean you get lots of responsibility. As a small charity, we’ll welcome your ideas and input and you’ll get to have a say in how we operate.
This is a great volunteer role if you enjoy building relationships and are passionate about volunteering!
If you have any questions about the role and would like to have a chat, please contact us for an informal chat.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.