Our vision is a quality education for every child – through boosting the capacity and status of teachers around the world. We are a Family Foundation, established in 2010 by Sunny Varkey, an education entrepreneur and philanthropist.
We run high-impact programmes on behalf of global governments and partner organisations that will deliver better teachers and education around the world. Through policy and research, we also facilitate global discussions to develop teaching.
The Atlantis Group brings together former ministers of education and heads of government from countries and regions around the world to address the challenges in global education.
Through our Global Teacher Prize, every year we also award US$1million to celebrate the very best in teaching.
The role of Finance Director is a key position within our organisation to ensure the smooth running and commercial development of the Varkey Foundation and its subsidiaries. You will;
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director to create the strategic financial plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it.
- Actively participate in the development of business strategy in line with the organisation’s vision, mission and business objectives.
- Provide strong Financial Management ensuring the efficient, accurate and timely processing and recording of transactions whilst maintaining a high level of financial control and governance.
- Have ultimate responsibility for accurate accounting records and provide financial reports.
- Identify and implement changes to improve working capital.
We are looking for a fully qualified accountant with relevant experience of operating at a senior level within a complex, ideally international, organisation. You will have excellent strategic finance skills, backed up by sound financial governance and management experience.
You will be comfortable operating in an agile environment, with diverse stakeholders each with their own unique requirements.
We are open-minded to experienced Finance Directors, or individuals operating at a senior level who are looking to transition into their first Board-level role.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV before Friday 6th September. This search is being managed by our retained partner, Mark Crowley at MLC Partners. If you would like an informal discussion about the role prior to applying, please contact Mark directly.
All third-party applications will be forwarded to MLC Partners.