Voluntary Action South Leicestershire (VASL) is a local charity dedicated to improving lives in the Harborough District and the wider community of Leicestershire. A few of the things we do:
- Support carers throughout Leicestershire
- Help young carers have a time and place to enjoy themselves and provide support
- Prevent isolated older people from living disconnected lives
- Provide information and support to those affected by Mental Health
- Volunteer transport service
This is an exciting position that is ideal for someone who wants to make a difference in a charity that improves people’s lives in the local community.
This post is a permanent role at the heart of VASL’s operations and it is a prerequisite that the successful candidate will have advanced computer skills, relationship management and organisational skills.
You will be working with a welcoming, sociable, and hardworking team, and the job will include the following responsibilities:
The smooth running of business support for our projects
- HR and communication
- External contract relationships and IT
- Website and social media management
- Preparation of payroll, payments, invoices, and expenses (payroll is handled by an external partner)
- Support to the Charity Manager
In return for your skills the post offers
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holiday pro rata (for 37 hour full time post)
- Up to 4 days office closure over Christmas
- Time in lieu if required to work outside normal working hours
This is a busy, varied and rewarding role for a candidate with a can-do attitude.
Previous experience within the charity sector is preferred but not essential, although being a team player and having the ability to deal with matters in a confidential and sensitive manner is required.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.