Veganuary is the non-profit that encourages people to go vegan for the month of January - and beyond. We focus on changing consumer behaviours and attitudes, while providing lots of information and practical support - to make the transition to veganism as easy and enjoyable as possible.
We also work with businesses to drive up vegan food provisions in shops and restaurants and have made veganism more visible and accessible through our work with national and international media.
What we do
- Our Aim: A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
- Our Mission: To inspire and support people to try vegan, drive corporate change, and create a global mass movement, championing compassionate food choices with the aim of ending animal farming, protecting the planet, and improving human health.
We work toward our lofty ambitions by following a simple, 3-step plan:
- Encouraging and supporting millions of people to try veganism.
- Creating the necessary media and social media buzz to raise awareness of the topic and the benefits of a vegan lifestyle.
- Encouraging companies to promote and launch more delicious vegan options to increase the quality, availability and visibility of vegan food.
How we do it
You’ll have no doubt seen our public campaigns for Veganuary, you may even have tried it yourself. We’re incredibly proud of the global movement we’ve built, and it continues to grow year-on-year.
The part of work you might be a little less familiar with is our work in influencing businesses. The more businesses speak positively about veganism and launch new vegan products, the better the availability, visibility and quality of vegan products becomes, making it easier and tastier to try vegan. This is inspiring more people to choose plant-based options and stick with it long term.
Amongst many others, we are incredibly proud to have worked with the following companies to increase their vegan offering:
What we’re looking for
As we head into the next phase of our strategy, we are looking for a talented Head of Operations and Finance who can help us build a robust, sustainable organisation. You will help us to shore up our gains to date and capitalise on the increasing number of growth opportunities coming our way.
This is a reimagining of an existing role and represents an investment in the charity’s future. We are looking for someone who can work closely with the board and executive to devise and implement business plans that are robust enough to accommodate our rapid growth and flexible enough to take advantage of new opportunities.
You will lead on financial management, supervise and optimise the organisation’s operations in the UK, and support our growing international team in operational matters.
Playing a pivotal part in the Senior Management Team, you will be responsible for ensuring that Veganuary’s day-to-day operations - including governance, administration, HR, finance, legal and IT remain compliant, responsive and efficient.
We don’t believe in prescriptive person specifications, as they limit the diversity of experience on our teams. We have just three questions of you, before you apply:
- Are you a qualified finance professional with significant experience of overseeing finance functions in UK charities?
- Are you a skilled strategic thinker with a proactive approach to solving problems?
- Do you enjoy building efficient structures and processes that limit bureaucracy and drive growth?
If you like what you’ve read, and your answer to all three questions above is “yes”, I recommend that you read the application pack by following the link below and consider getting in touch to discuss the role in more detail.