There are a quarter of a million disabled people in the UK who require a hoist and adult-sized changing bed when using the loo or being changed. Until recently many faced the stark choice between being stuck at home or being changed on the floor of a public toilet. Mobiloo is the world’s first mobile, attended toilet and changing facility with hoist and changing bed that can go anywhere. We hire it out to event organisers so they can welcome everyone to their events in the knowledge they can provide suitable toilets for everyone including those with the most complex requirements.
Hi, I’m James Brown, the co-founder and CEO of Mobiloo. Our wonderful Business Manager is moving on after helping to oversee exponential growth over the last three and a half years. This is sad but also a great opportunity to bring in a wonderfully talented new member to the team. Here’s the sort of work that you will be doing and the sort of person I think we need:
Some of the tasks we'll need you to do...
- Managing the charity's finances: bookkeeping (using Xero) for VAT returns, reconciliations, budgeting, projections, credit control, supporting Operations Manager with invoicing, refunds and expenses.
- Supporting fundraising: assisting with grant applications, monitoring of grant expenditure, Outcome measurement, reporting to funders.
- Policy & Processes: writing and updating and overseeing implementation.
- Managing and Supporting our IT: G-Suite/Office/Slack & WhatsApp are our main tools and we have our own bespoke bookings system, also supporting colleagues with IT matters.
- Charity Governance: working with our growing Trustee group to arrange and host meetings, provision of essential information, contributing to and overseeing implementation of strategic decisions.
Most important of all, we want the right person for Mobiloo. We can work together to tailor your job to suit your interests, your skills and your aspirations. If there's an element of work to which you'd like to contribute or lead then we want you to be able to do this.
The type of person we think would be best suited...
We make extensive and effective use of the Belbin Team Role model within Mobiloo. Even if you aren't familiar with Belbin's work the descriptions below should work for you.
1) The Implementor: Needed to plan a workable strategy and carry it out as efficiently as possible. Practical, reliable, efficient. Turns ideas into actions and organises work that needs to be done.
2) Monitor Evaluator: Provides a logical eye, making impartial judgements where required and weighs up the team's options in a dispassionate way. Sober, strategic and discerning. Sees all options and judges accurately.
In addition to the above you may also have a leaning towards the roles of Completer/Finisher, Specialist and/or Coordinator.
If you are interested in this position and would like an informal discussion then please give me a call. I look forward to hearing from you. And when you apply PLEASE INCLUDE A COUPLE OF PARAGRAPHSto say why you are applying.