Location: Wales Office (Cardiff)
Hours: Part-time, 21 hours per week
Salary: £22,210 per annum, pro rata
Benefits: Read more about what we offer on our website
Contract type: 12 months fixed term
Travel: Some travel to team meetings may be required
Closing date: Sunday 12th December 2021
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual to join our Wales team as a Business Support Administrator.
This exciting position is for someone who is self-motivated, well-organised, able to work under minimum supervision, has outstanding administrative skills and is passionate about making a tangible difference to the lives of people living with arthritis and other musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions.
This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark in a dynamic evolving charity and make a positive impact on the lives of people with arthritis across Wales.
About the role
Based in our new Cardiff office you will be the first point of contact for external enquiries (face to face, by telephone, email and letter) and will provide a welcome and engaging entry point to Versus Arthritis. You will work as part of the established administrative team and in partnership with our current part-time Business Support Administrator.
You will be expected to provide high quality, efficient and effective administrative support to assist staff, volunteers and people with arthritis to deliver high quality services. This will require establishing strong relationships with key colleagues across the charity in order to ensure systems and processes are consistent and effective and the sharing of best practice.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who:
- Is able to carry out work of an involved nature with minimal supervision, including the maintenance of financial records for budget monitoring purposes and the updating of a CRM.
- Has proven experience of providing administrative support and is able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of MS Office applications (especially Excel).
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills and is able to adapt their communication style to meet the needs of their audience.
- Is able to plan and prioritise their workload, use their initiative to work proactively and independently as well as being an integral member of a team.
- Displays a strong empathy to the needs of volunteers, people with arthritis and staff.
This is an office-based role which may require occasional travel for team meetings.
In return we offer a competitive range of benefits, a good work/life balance, excellent learning and development opportunities and a vibrant and friendly organisational culture. Find out more about what we offer on our website.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:?
- a completed application form clearly demonstrating how you meet the key requirements and competencies set out in the job description and person specification for the Business Support Administrator Wales role.
- please include where you've seen this role advertised.
Email your completed application by Sunday 12th December 2021.
Interviews early January - either at the Versus Arthritis Wales Office in Cardiff or remotely by Microsoft Teams.
There are 18.8 million people living with a musculoskeletal (MSK) condition like arthritis in the UK. Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for more than 10 million of those people every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don't accept this.
Versus Arthritis exists to push back against arthritis stealing people's lives. We challenge the most common misconceptions about arthritis: that it is inevitable, only affects older people, or that it's 'just a bit of arthritis'. People with arthritis have a fundamental right to live independent and rich lives, whatever their age and their circumstances. We won't stop researching, campaigning and supporting them until we've achieved this for everyone.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156