Hours: Full-time 35 hours per week
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer on our profile page
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us achieve a future free from arthritis.
This is an entry-level administrative opportunity, perfect for someone who loves people and has great organisational skills and an interest in working in fundraising/for the not-for-profit sector. Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills? Do you want to support and enable a team to grow their audiences and give a brilliant supporter experience? Can you make balancing replying to emails across various product streams, with raising Purchase Orders and booking comms slots with suppliers, look easy?
If so, come and join our fun, ambitious and supporter-focused Mass Engagement and Fundraising team at Versus Arthritis – we need you! In return you’ll get a chance to learn about, and work across, various product streams like membership, trading, legacy and in memory and marketing.
We are particularly proud of our flexible working arrangements and our friendly passionate team that is bursting with ambition and love for our supporters.
About the role
We are looking for someone who can be the hub of our team, a powerhouse of administration and organisation. We are looking for a team player to effectively manage our systems and data, respond to queries and thoughts from supporters and provide support to our team members. The role will require accuracy and self-motivation with oodles of personal skills.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for learning and in turn you’ll get brilliant experience across fundraising and marketing, while learning about the charity sector and many of the key systems we use within it.
If your knowledge, skills and experience include the following then we’d love to hear from you:
- Proactive, enthusiastic and collaborative, with a can do/let’s get this done approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain key relationships.
- Organised and methodical with good attention to detail.
- Process-orientated and the ability to understand and improve systems.
- Ability to multi-task.
- High level of Excel knowledge numeracy skills would be an advantage.
*As a hybrid worker the expectation is that you will spend around 40% of your working time in our office spaces or working in community settings. As an inclusive employer we will consider home-based working for anyone where office-based hybrid working would be a barrier to being able to work for us, for example for someone living with a long-term health condition or disability.
Your excellent benefits include:
- Flexible hours, environments and working practices to promote a healthy work/life balance.
- Health and wellbeing support – including the Employee Assistance Programme (free confidential 24/7 support with mental health, legal and financial queries).
- Simplyhealth cash plan.
- Supportive and inclusive culture, with a wide range of employee networks and support groups available to join.
- Learning and personal development opportunities.
- Competitive annual leave, with the option to buy/sell up to five days per year.
- Generous pension plan, with employer contribution of up to 10%.
- Life Assurance plan (4 x salary).
Application deadline and shortlisting
- We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not wish to receive contact from agencies or media sales.
Interview date to be confirmed.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee you will be offered an interview if you disclose a disability and demonstrate sufficient evidence within your application that you meet the essential criteria for this role. We will also make any reasonable adjustments you may require for your interview.