Location (UK): Hybrid working linked to our London office (EC1N 8TS) or Chesterfield office (S41 7TD). Homeworking with a regular presence in our offices considered.
Travel: At least 40% presence in one of our offices, plus travel to our other offices and to meet our regional teams as required.
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer on our profile page.
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
As our interim Director of People and Organisational Development (POD) you will be joining us at a time of change. You will work closely with the CEO, Board, Organisation Leadership Team (OLT) and POD Directorate to contribute to the development of the charity’s strategic plan, and directorate three year and one year implementation plans. You will also support the directorate teams to prioritise and maintain business as usual, maintaining progress on this. Your experience of building high functioning teams will enable you to work with the Heads of POD departments to deliver the organisational objectives, supporting our work to become an equitable, inclusive and diverse charity for all our staff, volunteers and lived experience involved people.
About the role
The Interim Director of People and Organisational Development (POD) will:
- Lead and facilitate the process of developing the POD Directorate’s three and one year implementation plans and budgets.
- Ensure that POD directorate priorities are reflected appropriately in the charity’s five-year strategic plan.
- Work with the leadership team to support the ongoing development of our employee and volunteer offer so that our working culture and practices reflect our mission and core values.
- Support our POD Heads of Departments to embed in their roles and model best practice following our recent restructure. This will include supporting them as we review and update all people policies, pay structures and embed equity, diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
- Model behaviours to support our ongoing work to ensure progressive leadership and an inclusive collaborative culture across the organisation.
- Chartered membership of CIPD or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working as part of a senior leadership team - building, leading, developing high performing teams and leading change management processes.
- Experience of developing and implementing Strategic and Operational Plans.
- Experience of developing and implementing people related strategies at an organisation-wide scale.
- Excellent communication skills, with an attention to detail. The ability to analyse, interpret, develop, disseminate and present information, including business plans, to a variety of audiences in a way that informs and influences their decision-making.
- A flexible, pragmatic and creative approach, redefining problems in light of information gathered or changes in context and focused on finding solutions.
We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of the advertised date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not wish to receive contact from agencies or media sales.
Interviews expected: Tuesday 23 August 2022 at our London office (EC1N 8TS).