Hours: full-time 35 hours per week
Benefits: Read more about what we offer on our website
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: by midnight on 10 February 2020
Download the job description and person specification from our website.
Versus Arthritis won’t stop until every one of the 17.8 million people living with arthritis in UK has the treatment, care and support they need to live their lives as they wish. We must change hearts and minds across the UK to recognise the impact of arthritis and refuse to tolerate it any longer.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to join our team to work with the Head of Marketing and external agencies to deliver multi-channel through the line campaigns to bring about this change.
About the role
We need the right Marketing Manager to help us:
· Challenge perceptions of arthritis
· Give a voice to people with arthritis to demand more
· Let people who need us know we are here for them.
We know it won’t be easy. People with arthritis hold back from talking about their experience because they feel like a burden, like they are whinging, like it’s ‘only arthritis’. But it does not have to be like this. We are mounting a loud and visible opposition to arthritis across the UK.
Our large-scale advertising and marketing campaigns have already started to bring about change at scale. Millions of people have seen us on their TV, at their bus stop, on their smartphone and connected with us. In just over a year we’ve raised the profile of arthritis, begun to shift attitudes and generate support – but we have so much more to do and we need the right team to do it.
The Marketing team lead on creating integrated campaigns aimed at people with arthritis and those connected to them. We are a small, passionate team, determined to make a difference. We work on projects across Versus Arthritis which means plenty of opportunity to build a diverse set of skills and experience.
Alongside your marketing experience, gained either in an agency or in-house, you will bring:
· Experience of working on large, complex marketing projects with an understanding of audiences, messaging, targeting, tactics and scheduling.
· Experience of forming strong relationships both internally and with external agencies
· The ability to monitor the effectiveness of campaigns using insight and monitoring tools and to work with colleagues to use this insight to inform future plans
· The ability to identify interdependencies, opportunities and issues and to take action to maximize opportunities and mitigate issues.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
1. a concise, up-to-date CV
2. along with a completed supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification
3. Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by 10 February 2020
First interviews expected: 26 & 27 February 2020 in London
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 17.8 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.